Do Decals for this seaking exist!

fmansam

Would have thought you'd only need the serials as it would be quite easy to handpaint the stripes over the standard yellow paintwork. In fact, if you look closely the stripes are only sticky back plastic, so it probably didn't fly with them as they would have come off.

Ha, i think you will find that you would get a shock if you stroked the CUDDLY Dog...

its a cuddly tiger...lol

i know it flew at least once with these applied!!! but for how long i dont know....

still looks crackin dont it!!

Ha, i think you will find that you would get a shock if you stroked the CUDDLY Dog...

its a cuddly tiger...lol

i know it flew at least once with these applied!!! but for how long i dont know....

still looks crackin dont it!!

Doh, the clue was in the scheme. :doh:

Mike

• Haha 1

Was taken in the Falklands, round about 2000 ish!

cool aint it

Wow never seen that before. Is that a 78sqn machine as opposes to a 22/202 bird?

It's a 78 Sqn cab in the Falklands at Mount Pleasant in 1999.

It was dreamt up by an individual on the Sqn for a Sqn photo, the black stripes are black bin bags held on with bodge tape! This avoided having to ask formal permission to paint it in a commemorative scheme - after all it hadn't been painted had it? The "scheme" was I believe, intended to be removed immediately after the Sqn photo had been taken.

This was the first yellow Queenie to arrive Down South, all the previous ones had been Dark Sea Grey.

Yes - that is Tigger in the bubble window.

That's all I know, info came from an ex-Sqn member.

Wez

Edited by Wez
  • Like 1

Like this better........

SeaKingXZ586_1.jpg

78sqdn.jpg

Annieversary scheme for 78 Sqdn back in '91. Fineline decals did it, but hard to find the sheet these days!

Dave

Edited by merlin101

Made it few years ago!............

tigerseaking4-1.jpg

tigerseaking5.jpg

I had to guess the starboard side!!

Dave

Where's Tigger?!

Seriously though that's a cracking model.

I have a naughty thought though. If it was only decorated with bin liner stripes for a photo shoot, maybe they only did the one side.........................

MH

Hand painted the 'stripes'! Both are 1/72, 'tiger' scheme is the Revell kit & grey Sea King is the old Airfix kit with added bits! I served on 78 sqdn in 89 & 91 which helped.

Dave

I have a naughty thought though. If it was only decorated with bin liner stripes for a photo shoot, maybe they only did the one side.........................

Was just wondering that myself, still the model would look rather odd just one side painted. Cracking work on both of those builds merlin101, I've never seen an RAF rescue Sea King in grey looks very striking.

There is a variation of the 78 Sqn anniversary cab when it was used as a wedding car! It has a fetching heart and 'just married" on the starboard side. I've got a photo somewhere in the loft.

I've seen a 'plain' grey RAF Sea King with the 'JUST MARRIED' logo's on it, when they were based at Port Stanley, that one your'e thinking of?

Dave

I even got invited to the wedding. It was just about the warmest day in the history of the Falklands (ie about 20º C). They used the general's Land Rover to get to the church and the paintwork was indelibly marked with another "just married" heart!

• 7 years later...