1:72 BBMF Spitfire

Howdy,

Its time I start doing something about here and stop looking at the pretty pictures.

I will be building a Mk. II Spitfire from the Airfix Mk. I (I couldnt wait for the new release!) and the 3D kits Mk. II parts.

So without further a-do's the obligatory box shots and spue shots,

P3020024.jpg

P3090059.jpg

I might sit her and a Hurricane in a Hangar scene with my current PA474 project for the Lancaster GB (Which reminds me time to get back to work on that) which would be an intresting twist on the BBMF trio display. Or I may have her free sitting either way she's going to be polished up like she's factory fresh.... man I love the smell of Pine cones and paint that comes off the Hangar dollies! so there wont be much excitement from me... well not until I get to Project No. 2.... and a special pilot.

*edit* Can anyone tell me whats the current configuration of the radio wires on this specific spitfire?

Edited by RAF Colonel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

coming together well. Despite it's detractors, I like this kit, it's a decent leap forward over the previous airfix kit despite a few dodgy bits. It also looks good built up.

Hey James, some nice progress there. As far as I can see, P7350 carries neither a wire from the aerial mast to the tail fin, nor wires from the rear fuselage to the tail: so you won't have to worry about any aerials!

FUDGE!"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

less than 24 hours to get her done and Ive painted on the wrong bloody scheme!

Applied a base coat of brown very quickly and the aircraft is going to look as rough as a badgers a**e!!!!