Magna 1/72 VC10

Vlamgat9

Did anyone check this out at SMW? I forgot to. I imagine it weighs a ton. Not sure I can justify it with one of their Belfast's stashed away at my parent's house out of sight of the wife but I have always fancied a 1/72 VC10....

Did anyone check this out at SMW? I forgot to. I imagine it weighs a ton. Not sure I can justify it with one of their Belfast's stashed away at my parent's house out of sight of the wife but I have always fancied a 1/72 VC10....

Some one must have, I was walking behind a chap who had one under his arm (I'm pretty sure that's what it said on the box anyway...)

I'd like a Blackburn Beverley, or better still the Sanger vac form (and to think I had one in my hands one time, and I hesitated... :banghead: )

Karl

Edited by Karl

I've got one on order but one of the lads in the TSR2 SIG bought one on the sunday. Very nice, the resin is the usual stuff that magna use and seems quite light. Fuselage is a little thick (the casting width) but overall it looks really nice. Decals are well printed and the white metal looks to be a vast improvement over previous Magna efforts. The built up one looked fabulous.

I had to restrain myself not to buy it straight away, as I have an order for one with my local supplier.

Karl

Do you want the Sanger Beverley?

I have one I am very unlikely to build.

Any idea what it's worth?

Edit: Just had a look and Hannants still list it for only £27.

Craig.

Edited by Craig

Karl

Craig.

Sounds good to me :thumbsup2:

PM inbound......

Karl

Yes,closely checked out and it certainly looks an impressive piece of casting.I normally carry Magna stock at most of the shows during the course of the year, and finished up getting four from Robin on Sunday pm. I'm not sure how many Robin had left as he only started the show with just over thirty and it sold quite well all weekend. Apparently Magna(spain) is going to have to cast a new master before furher delivery's follow, so possibly in the new year. check ads in SAM/SAMI for contact details. HTH cheers chris

Yes,closely checked out and it certainly looks an impressive piece of casting.I normally carry Magna stock at most of the shows during the course of the year, and finished up getting four from Robin on Sunday pm. I'm not sure how many Robin had left as he only started the show with just over thirty and it sold quite well all weekend. Apparently Magna(spain) is going to have to cast a new master before furher delivery's follow, so possibly in the new year. check ads in SAM/SAMI for contact details. HTH cheers chris

:thumbsup2:

Many thanks for the info Chris, I shall wait until the New Year and the new master.

Cheers

Jeff

Karl

Craig.

Craig,

How would you compare the Sanger and Magna ones?

The price difference is significant.

The one built at Sanger site looks impressive.

Isaac

I saw it and the impression i came away with was "bloody hell thats big!" as good as it looked, i would have to move house to display/store it

Fingers crossed, mine's on it's way and I should have it on saturday.

Wooksta

I don't suppose you could post some pictures of the kit when you receive it could you? Before I invest that amount of money on a C1K rather than a K2/3 or 4 and my first ever resin kit I would like to see what I am letting myself in for!!

Wooksta

I don't suppose you could post some pictures of the kit when you receive it could you? Before I invest that amount of money on a C1K rather than a K2/3 or 4 and my first ever resin kit I would like to see what I am letting myself in for!!

roland if your preference is a k2/3 then rumour has it that it could be on its way,but not just yet cheers chris

Do Magna have a website? Google didn't get any hits for me.....

Nope. They did give me an email address though at SMW. Sadly they were only able to take cheques or cash on the day.

[email protected]

conversion to a BA civvy version ............

Possibly, although being a kit of C1K it presents a few minor challenges being "standard" fuselage with "super" wings and tail etc. However these details are hard to spot on a real 10 let alone a 1/72 model - and the external dimensions are the same. I'm sure someone could be persuaded to make a conversion to make the fuselage into a K3/K4/normal "Super" VC10.