Welcome to the Spitfire 75th Anniversary Group Build. Open to any Spitfire, Seafire, Spiteful or Seafang.

The GB will run from 5th March 2011 to midnight 5th June 2011. Your hosts are Jazzy Jase and RAF Colonel and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.

A build report may be started at any time during the GB, with a maximum of 25% progress allowed on previously started builds.

All builds must be finished by midnight on the 5th June to be eligible for the GB poll.

I have a plan to do more than one but no more than 3. Is this OK? Secondly, I am refurbishing the Heller 16 I spoke of in WWII column. Its in many bits and needs a virtual complete rework. Will this one be allowed?

Paul. :whistle:

Hi Paul. You can enter as many builds as you like. Not sure on the refurbishment, do you have any photos?

Hi,

Attached is photo of my dismantled Heller Spit 16 awaiting rebuild. As you see the wing is assembled. Fuselage and other bits in pieces! Still searching for wheels but will probably use the 'xtra' set from the new xtra kit Spit 22. The legs are from an Airfix mk5 which fit the well OK in a dry run! Spare vac form canopy from a Ventura kit. Cockpit needs work!! Note new rudder from Hasegawa kit next to original heller cut from the rest and the fin reduced in height to take new correct rudder.

And some more paint stripping. Going to try acetone free nail varnish remover from those in a little pad form.

IMG_2532.jpg

What do you think? Does it qualify?

Edited by Paul J

It looks like you've got a lot of work to do on that Spit. Definitely within the rules I think.

Thanks. I have since come across a spare chin intake from the 72 Hasegawa kit which I'll use on this model to replace the odd looking heller one. I've since cut off the lower cowls to do a dry run and it looks it will work. The cockpit will also get a makeover.

paul.

Ahhh- I may well have a go at doing Caroline Grace' Spit for this one- its a stalled project for a special person- maybe now I can give it the impetus it needs. Plan is to use the ICM fuselage and the Hasegawa wings and other detail parts.

Ahhh- I may well have a go at doing Caroline Grace' Spit for this one- its a stalled project for a special person- maybe now I can give it the impetus it needs. Plan is to use the ICM fuselage and the Hasegawa wings and other detail parts.

Go on Mental, that sounds like a worthwhile project. :)

Welcome to the Spitfire 75th Anniversary Group Build. Open to any Spitfire, Seafire, Spiteful or Seafang.

The GB will run from 5th March 2011 to midnight 5th June 2011. Your hosts are Jazzy Jase and RAF Colonel and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.

A build report may be started at any time during the GB, with a maximum of 25% progress allowed on previously started builds.

All builds must be finished by midnight on the 5th June to be eligible for the GB poll.

Hello Rulers ,

I've read about this group about Spitfire ( Giorgio, my friend advert me ! :speak_cool: ) , I've just started a Spit as you can see here:

http://forum.tantopergioco.it/discussion/3...tto-...#Item_36

it was february 23, anyway at the moment the situation I think is under the 25% dead line.

Can I be one of yours entering in this GB ?

Of course I will put also here the advanced stages of the work, may be with shorter comments, just because english is not my language. Is it possible at this stage ?

Thank you in advance.

Ciao

Giovanni

Hello Rulers ,

I've read about this group about Spitfire ( Giorgio, my friend advert me ! :speak_cool: ) , I've just started a Spit as you can see here:

http://forum.tantopergioco.it/discussion/3...tto-...#Item_36

it was february 23, anyway at the moment the situation I think is under the 25% dead line.

Can I be one of yours entering in this GB ?

Of course I will put also here the advanced stages of the work, may be with shorter comments, just because english is not my language. Is it possible at this stage ?

Thank you in advance.

Ciao

Giovanni

Hi Giovanni,

I think you're on the border of 25% but I'm going to allow it... It looks like a very challenging kit you've got there. :)

I've recently bought the old-school Airfix spitfire in the bag, the 'BTK' Spitfire. I've stolen the decals on it for my new tool Spitfire (depite the historical innacuracy I still think it will look good) so I now have a spare Spitfire model.

Would the mods (Jazzy + RAF Colonel) let me build it in a what if scheme? I've got the crazy notion to use some Eurofighter Typhoon markings to make the Spitfire look like it is in frontline service today... for a laugh more than anything. Would I be allowed a thread? Or keep my wild ideas to myself and the RFI forum :P

Edited by rowmk9

:rofl: @ Enzo!

Ok yeah I didn't think it was against the rules but just wanted to check first to be safe. It's a bit of fun really, you know, get a bit of a chuckle and all that.

:rofl: @ Enzo!

Ok yeah I didn't think it was against the rules but just wanted to check first to be safe. It's a bit of fun really, you know, get a bit of a chuckle and all that.

I look forward to seeing it. Are you going to paint it in Eurofighter colours as well as the markings?

Edited by Jazzy Jase

Its fine for me! As I said soon the only threatening thing the RAF will have is the BBMF.

All what ifs, as long as the aircraft is built on a spitfire is fine.... so if you want to build Spitfire that can go to the moon (hehehe Doctor who Spitfires anyone?) thats fine with me!

Hi guys - could I pop in as a late entry with the Xtrakit F22? I guess I don't need permish, but it only seems polite to ask :)

I'm surprised this kit doesn't feature in the GB so far. Do you Spitsperts know something I don't?

Hi guys - could I pop in as a late entry with the Xtrakit F22? I guess I don't need permish, but it only seems polite to ask :)

I'm surprised this kit doesn't feature in the GB so far. Do you Spitsperts know something I don't?

No offence, but Yes it does. My one was the first completed and finished as race 100! Take a look for 'Spitfire GB' in the topics listing and completed builds. ;)

Edited by Paul J

Is there anything in the rules or spirit of this group build that would stop me entering the Airfix Spitfire Mk I BT-K on here I'm going hoping to do for the ARC Airfix Ahoy group build? If not consider please it an entry just as long as Julien OKs it over there.

Steve.

So, any Spitfire kit can be used?

Doesn't have to be in a specific scale or from one company?

I might like to have a go, did a GB on another site recently and liked it, would maybe like another shot at it.