MiG-21US, LiftHere Models

wow...................that is the sexiest kit i have seen in a long time!. where can i buy one? never seen one for sale

Hi gents,

I'm glad that you like this model and my project. Addresses where you can find this model is http://www.aviationmegastore.com/search/LM.../_/p0/c/s/f2394

and http://lindenhillimports.com/news.htm.

So, I have three sources for technical drawing comparing. First, domestic Serbian (ex Yugoslav):

us14.jpg

Second, from Czechs 4+ publication:

us12.jpg

Third, from Russia:

us13.jpg

Also, I used books and magz from my library. This is:

ex Yugoslavian modeler magazine ,,AEROPLAN"

us15.jpg

Squadron pub. MiG21

Book ,,Jugoslovensko Ratno Vazduhoplovstvo 1942-1992", autor Bojan Dimitrijević

us16.jpg

Very nice czechs publication 4+ MiG-21

us17.jpg

and very interesting monography ,,204 lovački avijacijski puk" (transl:204 fighter aviation regiment)

us18.jpg

us19.jpg

Cheers, Miki :thumbsup:

Edited by Miroslav

Any gluing yet?
-yes of course but I was very busy and I had very litle time for my hobby...

crookedmouth-...I do think you should be doing the red & white chequer finsh though...-not this time, mate ;)

O.K., this is my start...

I prepare cockpit for PE parts... for this, I used Evergreen sheets (thickness 0.5mm and 1mm)...

us21.jpg

us20.jpg

us22.jpg

us23.jpg

us24.jpg

Edited by Miroslav

oohhh nice... mind I am with crookedmouth - definately the red/white checkerboard..... if we gtet enough people requesting it will you change the scheme ???? lol

Thanks guys for watching. There is no chance to make red/white version :boxing::D . If you like that insignia I will send to you, indeed. From four MiG21US/UM boxes (from LiftHere models) only this set contains red/white checkerboard...

Cheers :cheers:

Edited by Miroslav

I just tried Linden hill site, and they have a great selection of kits but with 16 gbp shipping and current Uk to euro exchange rates Ill have to take my chances that one of these will turn up at a show :(

would you be willing to sell your spare decals Miroslav?

Hi Deon, I won't to sell this set but if you want I can send you completed insignia for one aircraft (because several people ask me to sell)... Or, there is another solution -

LiftHere team is going to eject several very colorful sets for this aircraft.

So, I've today finished this

us25.jpg

For KM-1 seats I used Revell primer

us26.jpg

I used Revell 365...

Cheers, Miki

Edited by Miroslav

Sorry :banghead: , this one #12 red/white squares - the colour scheme is fantastic. Any more info about the aircraft/unit

us6.jpgCheers :beer:

Hi Deon, I won't to sell this set but if you want I can send you completed insignia for one aircraft (because several people ask me to sell)... Or, there is another solution -

LiftHere team is going to eject several very colorful sets for this aircraft.

Cheers, Miki

Thanks Miki,

Ive just managed to find a Begemot sheet on ebay for late mark MiG 21 with '165' and some others too. I also ordered a Condor UM. I'll see what the other Begemot schemes are and then order a few more MiG21s to suit. :) i will hopefully get them in time to add it to the GB :)

Cheers

Deon

• 3 weeks later...

Continued...

I rescribing panel lines...

us30.jpg

...and I using TAMIYA Plastic Scriber II and VOYAGER Scribing Template set1 & set2 and home handmade tools...

us27.jpg

us28.jpg

us29.jpg

I slowed down because I want finished another MiG-21 but f13 version...

m31.jpg

m30.jpg

...this is another story.

Edited by Miroslav