Motocycle GB

Thanks Mish

Hi all

Thanks to all who have subscribed to this GB - I know it's a long time till the GB but do not despair, we have plenty of other GBs to take part in till then. I may just get another motorcycle kit to practise on in the mean time as I have never built a big model bike - My brother and I are hosts and welcome any GB chat, questions etc.

The list below is of the current subscribers, anyone else who wants to enter is most welcome to, the more the merrier.

wkennerley - 1/12 Revell Harley Davidson

deon - 1/9 Protar Agusta MV

rkennerley - Revell Ducati 916SP

MadNurseGaz - to be decided

Iain (32SIG) - Tamiya Ducati 888, + possibly an R1

Daz Greenwood - possibly 1/35 R-12 with sidecar, Tamiya BMW R75

M4rk - Tamiya Yamaha M-1 Laguna Seca edition

Madmonk - to be decided

little-cars - to be decided

Denstore - Tamiya R1

Col. - Ducati 888, Bimota Tesi

Grufsnik - Tamiya Ducati 900 NCR racer

Shikoh - to be decided

Beany - to be decided

The Hooded Claw - to be decided

Flibble - to be decided

JonP - Tristar Wellbikes

Marc - Possibly something Protar 1/9

PaulT 876 - Honda

Antoine - to be decided

Richellis - Something classic and British

ZX10RDavid - to be decided

Graham77 - 1/12 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14

Busdriver - Ducati or Tamiya R1 Taira Racing

Sparker - Rossi Yamaha or the Valencia Austin Powers Honda

Heloman1 - Ducati 900 Hailwood Replica or Tamiya Kawasaki 500

MAD STEVE - 1/9th Protar Cagiva Elefant 750 / 1/12th Yoshimura X1 Hayabusa

Cheers

Wayne

Edited by wkennerley

• 5 months later...
Hello, I would love to join this GB, it would be my 1st one (assuming I dont do any others in the next 18 months). Am a bit s***e at building models but will do my best, Cheers, Chris.

Cool welcome fibble, I am sure your models are quite good -

Wayne

Hi there,

I'd like to join as it will give me an excuse to build one of the Tristar Wellbikes I've had sitting in my stash :)

Jon

Hi

I should like to have my name added to the list.

I shall do a Honda, i have a few in my stash all Honda's

from the 70's and early 80's in all scales .

Paul

Well, it would be a fine excuse to have a try at modelling motorbikes, no?

Any brand, any scale, any timescale?

But I don't know anything about that kind of modelling.

I suppose that if I choose a product form the tamiya range, I could not be wrong?

And by the way, does someone know if the V-strom suzuki DL650 has been made in plastic?

This way I can make my own walkaround at home!

Afraid Tamiya don't make that one so far as I know Antoine. Seems they've missed what I've always seen as some potential best sellers over the years such as the GSXR series or the Fireblade but at least they kitted the Ducati 888 and 916 so I'll not complain too much.

Well, it would be a fine excuse to have a try at modelling motorbikes, no?

Any brand, any scale, any timescale?

But I don't know anything about that kind of modelling.

I suppose that if I choose a product form the tamiya range, I could not be wrong?

And by the way, does someone know if the V-strom suzuki DL650 has been made in plastic?

This way I can make my own walkaround at home!

Hi Antoine, welsome to the GB, any brand or scale welcome, timescale is 5th January 2013 till 3rd April 2013

Regards

Wayne

Hi there could I join in too? got plenty of boxed unmade bikes, this will give me the incentive to get moving....not sure which one to start though! although more than likely it will be an up to date MotoGp machine

Thanks David

Hi there could I join in too? got plenty of boxed unmade bikes, this will give me the incentive to get moving....not sure which one to start though! although more than likely it will be an up to date MotoGp machine

Thanks David

Yes of course, welcome - An uptodate GP machine will be a great addition.

Wayne

Ive seen a Norton SS kit I like. Lots of time to get one, or find another! There is a nice Heller Triumph but I think thats a collectors kit, or Im watching a BSA racer on e-bay!

The BSA racer looks like a nice bike

Wayne

• 2 weeks later...

Ive decided in a rash moment and handed over the cash :o , kit will be the Tamiya Ducati 900 NCR racer, i just hope i,me good enough :wacko:

Gruffers

Ive decided in a rash moment and handed over the cash :o , kit will be the Tamiya Ducati 900 NCR racer, i just hope i,me good enough :wacko:

Gruffers

Cool Gruffers, sounds like a nice bike, maybe I should look out for a modern bike

Wayne

• 3 months later...
Can I join please? I am thinking about building a tamiya ducatti 916. This would be my first group build so... Fingers crossed

Cheers, James

Yes of course you can join, welcome - Nice to see another Ducati

Wayne

Edited by wkennerley

• 1 month later...

Hi guys was in HobbyCraft today and saw a 1/12 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14 Special Color Edition by Tamiya. The pic on the box looked great and it was on clearance so I decided to give it a home. I know nothing about bikes but have watched some great builds on here and read about some in the airfix mag so would love to join the build and have a go. I may even learn some stuff along the way.

Back to this years group builds, see you in the new year

Graham

Hi guys was in HobbyCraft today and saw a 1/12 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14 Special Color Edition by Tamiya. The pic on the box looked great and it was on clearance so I decided to give it a home. I know nothing about bikes but have watched some great builds on here and read about some in the airfix mag so would love to join the build and have a go. I may even learn some stuff along the way.

Back to this years group builds, see you in the new year

Graham

Excellent, welcome - I am looking forward to this GB

Wayne