Leatherneck "Tuna Boat"

This project was just finished for a local modeling club group build this morning. The deadline is today and the theme is "On or In the Water". Everyone naturally assumed I would be doing a float plane of some sort. So when I announced I was doing a "Tuna Boat" there were some surprised looks. What I didn't mention was, it's going to be a Leatherneck "Tuna Boat"... :winkgrin:

This is the 1/35 Academy LVTP-7 kit with a few accessories from the spares box done up in a faded Desert MERDEC scheme roaming the Delta corridor during a CAX at 29 Palms sometime during the mid 80's.

LVTP7_02.jpg

LVTP7_01.jpg

LVTP7_03.jpg

LVTP7_04.jpg

LVTP7_05.jpg

LVTP7_06.jpg

LVTP7_07.jpg

LVTP7_08.jpg

LVTP7_09.jpg

A fun project that I started over three years ago, ironically enough, as quick armor build. Although over the years it has provided a nice diversion from my usual aircraft builds. So after dragging this project out for a few years it's finally done and it feels great to put this one in the display case.

Semper Fi,

Mark

Love all the MERDC patterns, got a couple of builds hanging around the 'to do pile' that will end-up in those schemes. Like your 'track' Mark, looks just right to me.

Ian