Klear

korean

Hello All,

Can you use some thing like Fairy power or Mr Musle oven spray to remove Klear from a canopy with out damage?

korean.

well i have used mr muscle to strip kits, and some had canopies, never had a problem....

Mr Muscle Oven Cleaner is a Caustic Soda based solution.In my experience,as brief as it is,you will have no damaging effects on your canopy.Rather less risky is drop the canopy into a glass of water for a day or two and give it a good wipe with your thumb.

Both will work suitably well.Why be in a hurry,a hobby is supposed to be fun ain't it?

You don't say why you want to remove the Klear from your canopy but if it is because of dust or a run in the Klear then Klear is actually the best thing to use! Leave the canopy to soak in klear (I leave it overnight) then remove it and give it a good shake to get the excess off then place on a piece of absorbent paper and cover it with a cap from an aerosol or whatever and leave to dry. Hopefully that will keep the dust off while it cures.

If you want to permanently remove the klear use Windowlene, it will take the Klear off no problem. I add one drop of Windowlene to Klear to spray it (helps to break the surface tension and therefore prevent the pooling you sometimes get with Klear) and I also use Windowlene to clean the airbrush afterwards.

Hope this helps

Edited by Duncan B

• 1 month later...
Can you use some thing like Fairy power or Mr Musle oven spray to remove Klear from a canopy with out damage?

Yep :)

Klear also melts Klear, and Household ammonia will remove it too. IPA will also do the job, so you have lots of ways to skin this particular cat :)

Can i clean Klear with any other household products, other than windowlene & ammonia... like 'sgrassatore universale'???

Following my question, i was at my gran today, looking at her 'cleaning stash', and found 'AJAX crystal clean'.

http://www.pavi.com.mt/products/8714789271439.jpg

On the label it had 'ammoniaca'- ammonia?

I gave it a whiff & it had a very strong smell... a lot like p*ss and a bit like klear. thats the ammonia speaking right?

Im figuring it'll be a good Klear cleaner for brush & airbrush? My gran was kind enough to pour me some in a jar :yahoo: