S-2E Tracker

Built practically OOB whilst the other fellas were busy measuring and remeasuring...

P1040668.jpg

P1040667.jpg

P1040666.jpg

P1040664.jpg

P1040665.jpg

P1040662.jpg

P1040661.jpg

The kit goes together quite well. As described elsewhere the cockpit is somewhat basic and I cemented the weapons bay doors closed as the bay is not detailed at all and the torpedoes are fairly basic. I scratch built the starboard wing searchlight as this is missing from the kit. I also replaced the plastic folded wing props/stays with stronger ones made from steel wire. The decals are very nice with minimal carrier film that does not silver. They are both fragile and robust if that makes sense.

:giles:

Darius

PS - major tailsitter!!! I added nose weight but not enough....

Edited by Darius at Home

the cockpit is somewhat basic and I cemented the weapons bay doors closed as the bay is not detailed at all and the torpedoes are fairly basic. I scratch built the starboard wing searchlight as this is missing from the kit.

For the price tag and some of the lovely exterior detail (wing-fold particularly), I'd rather expected a bit better inside... In any case she looks like a lot of fun to build.

I'm a bit Tracker-mad, but still patiently filling the piggy-bank for this one (maybe we'll get an S-2F in the meantime?)

Beautiful first look & some nice work mate :speak_cool:

Thats a pretty damn nice model, I like the finish and the way its displayed with the wings folded.

For the price tag and some of the lovely exterior detail (wing-fold particularly), I'd rather expected a bit better inside...

You consider , $50 USD for a twin engined 1/48th kit expensive? I reckon it's a bargain.

I'm sure Aires/Eduard will do some detail sets for the bomb bay and cockpit, which I agree aren't that detailed. But for that price I wouldn't expect them to be.

Back on topic, nice looking build there

You consider , $50 USD for a twin engined 1/48th kit expensive? I reckon it's a bargain.

I'm usually of the 1.72 persuasion (we tend to expect something more the size of a Hercules for that price!) Admittedly, probably due for a dose of perspective...;)

:thumbsup: Good on you for just cracking on with it Darius... sometimes that's the best way to proceed. At least then you can judge whether the perceived problems of a kit on the sprues matter a jot once it's built :)