F-4E Phantom II

Hardtarget

Made a start the other day by painting the internal cockpit and the U/C along with anything else that is depicted white.

001.jpg

I've not upgrade the cockpit in this build nor the control panels so they are straight out of the box.

003-1.jpg

When the cockpit was dry cementing of the fuselage halves were up next. this is pretty straight forward although keeping the halfs in place was tricky having to rever to tape rather than my usual clips.

004-1.jpg

After drying yesterday, I've cemented the wing to the fuselage. This wasnt a great fit actually so a bit of filing was required alonf the leading inner edge of the wings at the joint. This unfortunately has remove what was the small amount of riased panel lines.

005.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Best give an update for this week. :)

Gave her an extra coat of xtracrylix (3 now) and added some stores after another coat underneath.

001-2.jpg

Close up on the painting of the wheels. I use Hu67 tank grey as its not too dark.

003-3.jpg

And her undersides with the fuel tanks and her U/C doors.

002-2.jpg

And now she rests before her other weaponary gets its chance to get some paint. She is also now on her wheels.

004-3.jpg

Edited by Hardtarget

• 2 weeks later...

Just as i get her complete the deadline has been extended pfff, still it got me to complete her on time and managed to get some shots outside in the sun. I have since weather her with pro modeller wash but have no pics as yet.

003-4.jpg

002-3.jpg

004-4.jpg

007-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

010.jpg

And with my other build awaiting departure.

015.jpg

013.jpg

017.jpg

012.jpg

Edited by Hardtarget