Vallejo Paint - Am I being a bit thick?

wako1302

Having decided upon buying some new Vallejo paints I just have a simple question.

Is White in the Model Colour Range the same as the White in the Model Air Colour Range and the same as the white in the Game Colour Range?

70.951 - Model Colour Range

71.001 - Model Air Colour Range

72.001 - Game Colour Range

Is the paint the same in all 3 bottles and they are just labelled differently for each range.

Hi,

Vallejo is good paint, BUT, if you intend to brush paint with Model Colour you will HAVE to thin it,

would also recommend you use a drying inhibitor as it goes 'off' very quickly,

and you need to paint onto a matt undercoat, as the paint even when cured is VERY easy to scratch.

(Ask HOW i know! :angrysoapbox.sml: )

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Ive found that even over Halfords primer, Vallejo chips really easily!!

Which is a shame as it paints very easily and looks great when finished. Mind you, Im worried that if you mask it, will the paint lift when the tape is removed?

Regards

Grahame

Oddly enough, I'm not a huge fan of spraying with Model Air, but I love brush painting with them, especially their dark greys for detail painting in cockpits etc. It's thinned to just the right consistency that I like so I can literally put a drop down and paint straight away. I do use a lot of their model colour paints, but now that I've discovered my love of brush painting the model air variety, I'm not sure I'll be buying any more. :mental: