French SAR Lancaster

Hi all, Might be a push to get this in on time but here's a start. Just blanked off the excess windows. Need to cut some new rear ones. Some lovely decals supplied by Wooksta and Chuck, thanks guys, so i hope i can do it justice. Ive got the Eduard etch but I might have to dig around for a pair of props. The revell Mk 1/3 seems to have two different types. the french Sar mk7 seem to have only one?

Anyhow here's my progress so far. I took the long winded route and filled the windows with plasticard rather then use the supplied windows, that way I could make sure they were filled to the right depth rather than get filled in with filler that might shrink back over time. The dorsal turret will get filled once the halves are together.

fuselageblanks.jpg

Any comments, tips etc gratefully received

Cheers

deon

I can only echo what the others have said about the props, fins and turret blanking plate. I'm looking forward to seeing this one done, it'll be a dark blue scheme I presume?

The Revell Lanc has needle and paddle props - early & late - and I suspect that the French aircraft, being refurbished, have the paddle props. Check your references though. They may have had the Lincoln fins and wheels too.

Thanks for that, I better go and compare the fins! I wonder where one gets Lincoln parts from ? Looks like I might have dug myself a hole :) definitely time to root about for a set of matched aeroclub props They look like paddle props to me so I think, although i can't see any eveidence of the B1s that were sent to france, hence Im going for Mk 7.

cheers

deon

Deon.

Revell supply a turret blank, which may help you with blanking turret off.

Lol,. im a dork! I didnt even check the parts, Thanks daz you saved me some time and embarrasment!

Cheers

deon

I can only echo what the others have said about the props, fins and turret blanking plate. I'm looking forward to seeing this one done, it'll be a dark blue scheme I presume?

yes, although im not sure how dark. Ive seen pics of one in a very dark blue, almost black like 50s USN fighters and others in a lighter almost Royal blue. ill have to make a table up with colours, markings and Lincoln parts, based on the photos and profiles I can find othwise Im going to end up producing some awful hybrid :)

Cheers

deon