Boeing 737-800 Ryanair

Hello everybody,

Here is some work in progress on my Revell 737-800 in Ryanair colors...

Firstly some work on blending in the cockpit parts and closing the windows as I will be using decals.

DSCF3802.jpg

Reshaping the inaccurate winglets... I'm still not 100% on the outcome, as they should be a bit taller, but I don't know if that would be noticeable on the finished model...

DSCF3807.jpg

Winglet dryfit

DSCF3803.jpg

Overview...

DSCF3804.jpg

Frontview... This is where I see a lot of builds go wrong: Normaly, when you assemble the wings to the fuselage, there is a gap at the wing-fuselage joint. This is caused by a lack of dihedral on the wing. Many people just fill this gap, resulting in a wrong overal look of the model. Instead of filling the gap, you should push the wing upwards against the fuselage... Here is my result:

DSCF3805.jpg

More to come later ;)

Best regards,

Guillaume

Thanks for the feedback guys... ;)

Richard: I followed your online build of the Alaska 737... Very interesting to me because I'm gonna do the same color sheme (Ryanair) in a later build...

I see you even managed to replicate the Position lights on the trailing edge at the base of the winglets... How did you replicate them? A small piece of plasticard glued on the metal winglet??

Richless: What colours are you finishing yours?

Best regards,

Guillaume

Thanks for the feedback guys... ;)

Richard: I followed your online build of the Alaska 737... Very interesting to me because I'm gonna do the same color sheme (Ryanair) in a later build...

I see you even managed to replicate the Position lights on the trailing edge at the base of the winglets... How did you replicate them? A small piece of plasticard glued on the metal winglet??

Richless: What colours are you finishing yours?

Best regards,

Guillaume

Hi Guillaume

Im going to do the Ryanair one soon too , i have hand painted the 787 into Boeing colours last year before any of the decals were released

i used the revell position lights on my winglets i managed to attach them by trimming the top off the revell ones and super gluing them onto the winglets

i will show this in more detail when i next do a 737 with winglets , im just in the process of replacing the revell winglets on my existing models

Richard