About resin wheels of 1/35 SA-2/HQ-2

haneto

Hi, guys!

I’m planning to make a 1/35 HQ-2 tractor but cannot make the decision to choose the resin wheels.

I know there’s Hussar ones which I can find excellent review pictures online, but I wonder the quality of another Czech brand Real Model compared with Hussar ones?

I searched around the Internet but cannot find an actual picture of Real Model ones, anyone has it? Or any comments please?

I do know that Real Model ones does not have the spare wheels but that’s not a disadvantage for me because I can make resin copies myself.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Yufei

From my experience with Hussar resin wheel sets, you wont go far wrong with them! The quality is excellent. They arent the cheapest but amongst the best.

I have looked at The Real Models website and they have some nice gear but havent ever bought anything from them, but obviously, it may work out cheaper as at least they are in Europe rather than Hussar who are in Canada.

Your choice really.

• 3 months later...

A bit of a 1/35th scale AFV virgin, though I completed the Trumpy Zil-157K+SA-2 trailer with the "rubber" tyres from the kit a few years back and they look alright to me, with nothing going wrong (so far). Are the resin ones much more realistic, or are there long-term problems with the synthetic material in the kit? I have heard various horror stories concerning these tyres in large scale aircraft models and was wondering if there's any truth to this?

Thanks

tony.t