Doc's 1/48 Jag

Dr_Fester

Lovely paint job Doc, I said that I have one in my stash, beleive me , doing a jet plane :hypnotised: well not now :P

And this plane , iyou do it very slowly, well , not as fast as others. Anyway looks very nice, and arggg I would see it in Telford If I can go there.

Enjoy the weekend , and make lots of pics there.

Best Regards.

Héctor

Nice XX119 there, (I should know, I've done a print of it and showed the designer of the scheme how to use items in Photoshop used to design the scheme, along with the profile the scheme was designed on). Hopefully the MA sheet will as good (but for the fact that you will still need to do the white names on the aircraft (they are not on the sheet due to MA's copyright agreement with the MoD)). What was your source for the white lettering, It looks almost spot on in size and shape.

Nice XX119 there, (I should know, I've done a print of it and showed the designer of the scheme how to use items in Photoshop used to design the scheme, along with the profile the scheme was designed on). Hopefully the MA sheet will as good (but for the fact that you will still need to do the white names on the aircraft (they are not on the sheet due to MA's copyright agreement with the MoD)). What was your source for the white lettering, It looks almost spot on in size and shape.

Hi,

I actually printed the names myself, and having picked up the MA sheet yesterday the names are actually included? One thing I did need to ask did you know what the white lettering says on the port ventral strake? As the profile and decal sheet don't show these.

Also at the Nats yesterday I picked up the Squadron print, your handywork?

decal1.jpg

The decal sheet :-

decal5.jpg

The white text in question:-

strake.jpg

Cheers

Doc

Edited by Dr_Fester

Thats surely one of the most beautiful decal sheets I have ever seen...at least in pictures :P

Hoping Mike got my PM...:whistle: I tried to make that phone call Doc, but it doesnt seem to want to connect. :(

Sorry Anthony, I didn't matey :( If any of the people that had already asked me to pick some up don't cough up the cash though, I'll give you first refusal ;)

The name in question on the port ventral fin is the deputy editor of Aircraft Illustrated (Rich C*****)

The right hand side had a plaque style transfer with the name of the painters of the aircraft.....

Hi, jag mates.. I couldn't hold back from this forum after seeing the fabulous efforts of the good Dr..

The build thread amazingly follows the ACTUAL painting of XX119 (read an article in AI perhaps....)

Myself and Joe (of Jag Cars) designed the thing (with a lot of input from a certain Sqn Cdr!!!)

I do have a lot of referance photos (+ some other Jag stuff that could help in super detailing)

I will however be out of town from January (deserts???)

hi Wardy, hope things are OK. Marham is rubbish..

I cannot believe that "Merrick" has been used on that decal sheet. I am not a John Hurt look alike and it ain't my name either!!

Edited by Top Cat

Hi,

I actually printed the names myself, and having picked up the MA sheet yesterday the names are actually included? One thing I did need to ask did you know what the white lettering says on the port ventral strake? As the profile and decal sheet don't show these.

Also at the Nats yesterday I picked up the Squadron print, your handywork?

decal1.jpg

The decal sheet :-

decal5.jpg

The white text in question:-

strake.jpg

Cheers

Doc

Sqn print is not Mine, I did 200 A2 sized prints of XX119 for the Sqn based on photos of the aircraft when it was still EB and when it was still in the paint shop (Al Vernon is my twin Brother). Still got 80 odd of the unsigned ones left.

Jaguar%20GR3%20XX119%20800.jpg

Nice to see JS's and Al's names got put on the sheet (I was told they were not by somebody involved in the research of the aircraft for the MA sheet), the name on the ventral fin is RICH COPPER, the deputy Editor of AI who set up Aircraft Illustrated's involvement with the painting of the aircraft. A couple of points to note, there is a quite a large patch on the nose under the canopy and the aircraft was fitted with the HMS system on its first flight, and the mounts were still on the canopy for its flight to Cosford.

Edit to post - Just had a phone call from Sgt A.G. Merrick (take a close look at Doc's picture of the sheet), who is not happy with the fact that MA have spelt his surname totally wrong.

Edited by bigVern1966

Sqn print is not Mine, I did 200 A2 sized prints of XX119 for the Sqn based on photos of the aircraft when it was still EB and when it was still in the paint shop (Al Vernon is my twin Brother). Still got 80 odd of the unsigned ones left.

Jaguar%20GR3%20XX119%20800.jpg

Nice to see JS's and Al's names got put on the sheet (I was told they were not by somebody involved in the research of the aircraft for the MA sheet), the name on the ventral fin is RICH COPPER, the deputy Editor of AI who set up Aircraft Illustrated's involvement with the painting of the aircraft. A couple of points to note, there is a quite a large patch on the nose under the canopy and the aircraft was fitted with the HMS system on its first flight, and the mounts were still on the canopy for its flight to Cosford.

Edit to post - Just had a phone call from Sgt A.G. Merrick (take a close look at Doc's picture of the sheet), who is not happy with the fact that MA have spelt his surname totally wrong.

Hey thats some good info there, thanks for clearing that matter up Richard. Although Sgt Merrick is included on the sheet when I produced my decals I used Sgt A G Vernon for the stbd side as thats the refs I had. So does your bro have the name "Canopener Al" by any chance? Just putting 2 + 2 together. Take a look at the comments HERE.

Cheers

Doc

So does your bro have the name "Canopener Al" by any chance? Just putting 2 + 2 together. Take a look at the comments HERE.

Yep, though he's also Topcat here as well. Close up of the patch on the front of XX119 and some bang seat details.

XX119cockpit.jpg

Edited by bigVern1966

• 3 weeks later...