revell 72nd german horse ww2 artillery

mrcooljules

I like the change in color, but the horses are flying, cut away the bases and fit them into the mud.

cheers

Jes

its work in progress. if you look at the fotos before, the all brown muddy image. you will see where the reccesses are for the horse bases.

im working on it this second. blending things in.....please dont just until its all complete.

latest fotos from what been doing tonight..

i hoped the pva glue would have dried clear, have to wait and see.........added tamiya smoke.

the camera is making the colours look a bit different to what it does with the naked eye....

still much to do! oh and i need practice with the camera

DSCF1045.jpg

DSCF1043.jpg

DSCF1065.jpg

DSCF1059.jpg

DSCF1056.jpg

DSCF1054.jpg

DSCF1049.jpg

Coming along nicely mate...coming along nicely.

thanks, much app.

still a few little things to do. im happy with it, for a average model maker whos never made horses or mud before lol

thanks, much app.

still a few little things to do. im happy with it, for a average model maker whos never made horses or mud before lol

I don't see anything 'average' in this effort...believe me.

I used to collect Napoleonic war figures and the horses were the biggest pain to paint...in fact IIRC that was the main reason I stopped collecting them.

WELL ITS 99.9%

I have put lots of fotos up on photobucket. please take a look (about 60) i put them up in order to show how i added each part to the base...i think i put them in the wrong folder and backwards. but if you click this then use the LEFT arrow i think it should be in order.

never done much before, or horses etc. hope the mud looks ok. i used cheap poundland filler watered down, and 12 year old dried tea leaves.

DSCF1069.jpg

http://s955.photobucket.com/albums/ae35/mr...nt=DSCF1069.jpg

http://s955.photobucket.com/albums/ae35/mr...ules/?start=all

Edited by mrcooljules

I'm not sure whether to comment on the diorama, pet or leg photos icon_biggrin.gif

lol. i thought i had put them in their own folder but something went wrong hehe.

Horses are a pig to paint...and mud even more so to construct, even for experienced modellers but you´ve done a great job on both. :thumbsup2:

Where can you get Twelve yr old tea leaves!? :)

Edited by Paul RH

Horses are a pig to paint...and mud even more so to construct, even for experienced modellers but you´ve done a great job on both. :thumbsup2:

Where can you get Twelve yr old tea leaves!? :)

lol. people aske me how i know they are 12 years old. well i asked my granddad to put the used tea bags on his radiator each time he made a cuppa. and my nan used to complain lol, and she died 11 years ago, and i found them in a plastic bread bag, which was the bread type my granddad had (he had white, nan had brown).

i used discount store wall filler/putty and again large tubes of 99p discount kids acrylic paints. (and klear for the wet track marks).

im v happy with it, i put the pic up on airfix facebook wall and everyone is saying it looks good, i feel embarrassed as never made a horse before, or mud...and while it took a while to do at the start, i soon picked up little things to improve...just wished i had the guts to paint a horse before now!

if you look at the other 60 off fotos i took earlier today (i just did 30 min, improving things, like the warning??????? triangle on the cab roof of the blitz). and as your german (or live there, you can understand whats writtin on the side of the blitz).

i need to improve my foto techniques a lot....im not good with it yet.

I have a german mate, whos helping me with a idea a the very end...inc some of the fotos in b/w

never painted a horse before? you obviously don't live in the country....oops sorry my mistake that sheep & lipstick :wub:

seriously I do like that & very different....nice

one question tho....how do you know your tea leaves are 12 years old ?

edit re teabags.....saw previous post .......lol, bless

Edited by sinnerboy

never painted a horse before? you obviously don't live in the country....oops sorry my mistake that sheep & lipstick :wub:

seriously I do like that & very different....nice

one question tho....how do you know your tea leaves are 12 years old ?

lol. if i was from barnsley, i could paint a sheep in seconds ;-)

read the comment i just put above...its explains how i know they are 12 years old.. PG too!! ;-)

Edited by mrcooljules

lol. if i was from barnsley, i could paint a sheep in seconds ;-)

read the comment i just put above...its explains how i know they are 12 years old.. PG too!! ;-)

yeah just saw post....funny what can be used for modelling, never throw owt away. My missus thinks I'm becoming Steptoe......'arold 'arold

yes what do you want farver? when I say I've fed the 'orse, of course I've fed the bleedin 'orse

Edited by sinnerboy

The diorame picteures especially were cool thumbsupmp0.gif

thanks, need to improve with the camera though...photography is new to me

yeah just saw post....funny what can be used for modelling, never throw owt away. My missus thinks I'm becoming Steptoe......'arold 'arold

yes what do you want farver

lol

thanks, much app.

I love what you have done with this mate.

I have a mate like you ,he makes masterpieces with what everyone else would think was garbage.

His brushes are not Winsor & Newton Series 7 so according to some premier figure sites he should not be able to paint stunning figures.

What he does have is imagination which makes up for his lack of finance and that's what i see here.

Have a look at Streetlets figures for your next project they are a lot harder and detail is very good.

But i like what i see ,will be following the thread.

I love what you have done with this mate.

I have a mate like you ,he makes masterpieces with what everyone else would think was garbage.

His brushes are not Winsor & Newton Series 7 so according to some premier figure sites he should not be able to paint stunning figures.

What he does have is imagination which makes up for his lack of finance and that's what i see here.

Have a look at Streetlets figures for your next project they are a lot harder and detail is very good.

But i like what i see ,will be following the thread.

thanks. that does mean a lot.

on the airfix facebook page, over last few weeks, i put up fotos of cheap pindland brushes, packs of paint, like 12 tubes for a quid, and home barigan paints etc. to show kids, you dont have to buy expensive vajello, humbrol paints etc, esp if its for things like mud and weathering. i did the new resin airfix corner house, added matchicks, a cig paper as carpet, and a bit of scrap plastic as a wall painting, and on purporse only used cheap kids poundland paints...and for the climbing ivy, i used tea leaves stuck on with superglue

these from home bargains for £2 the pack, (the brown i used for the mud, was 99p for a very large tube!)

DSCF0870.jpg

£1.50 a pack, used quite a few, so far the large ones, for slapping watering paint for the mud, and then for highlighting.

DSCF0869.jpg

i built this house, as close as i could to how its on the airfix box, again only with cheap paints.....

tea leaves n superglue for the ivy

DSCF0876.jpg

top floor beams added from modelling matchsticks....and cig paper for the ruined yellow carpet (its been painted and weathered down low lol)

DSCF0873.jpg

I like the house. The tea leaves...stuck on as they came or have you stained them?

I can only agree with using cheap paints for basing and large areas like houses...I use Acrylic wall paints...

Edited by Paul RH

• 2 weeks later...
I like the house. The tea leaves...stuck on as they came or have you stained them?

I can only agree with using cheap paints for basing and large areas like houses...I use Acrylic wall paints...

i stuck on the tea leaves, with superglu, and when totally hard, i used various shades of green paint. someone gave me some tme ago, citidel paints so used them for the first time....

i stuck on the tea leaves, with superglu, and when totally hard, i used various shades of green paint. someone gave me some tme ago, citidel paints so used them for the first time....

Thanks...I´ll give that a go