HMS Dreadnought 1906

Phil Reeder

Holy smoke! Fantastic news on this. It will definitley be bought by me and will not make it into the stash, she will go straight onto the workbench. It will be interesting to see how different it is from the Iron Shipwight resin kit I built last year. I hope it is cheaper!

My grandfather served on Dreadnought, and I will get any kit of her, including Masterbox when they eventually release the 1/700 version. I already have the Combrig 1/700 resin one and the Digital Navy papercard one.

I am devoted to the ship! :worthy:

1/350 Dreadnought? Oh boy. I'm really excited about this, and the Queen Elizabeth, and the Warspite, and the rumoured R class and Nelson/Rodney, and the Type 45. Life is beginning to get exciting for RN fans.

...... including Masterbox when they eventually release the 1/700 version.....

I wonder if Zvezda are using the same CAD as Masterbox then? :hmmm:

Good to see, nevertheless! B)

Mike.

The RN is going to rule the 'seas' again!

dreadnaught was great ship that made every cap ship in the rule obsolete at a stroke . the problem is that included all royal navy vessels too so the huge advantage the british had over everybody else almost disappeared overnight lol

whats the quailty like ive never done a zveda kit?????

dave

Superb. Not 'state-of-the-art'.

'Defines-the-art'.

Anyone know if this ship can form the basis of models of the follow-ons - the Vanguard, St Vincent etc?

As far as the other classes of Heavy from the era are concerned, maybe we need to adopt the popular phrase of the time...?

...'We want Eight and we won't wait'....

S'pose we'll have to tho'....

dreadnaught was great ship that made every cap ship in the rule obsolete at a stroke . the problem is that included all royal navy vessels too so the huge advantage the british had over everybody else almost disappeared overnight lol

Yep ,that is partially true,but several other navies were working on "All Big Gun" designs,so Jacky Fisher decided to steal a march on everybody else and get there first.The Dreadnought was built in a record time of a year and a day,in great secrecy.

Cheers Phil

Yep ,that is partially true,but several other navies were working on "All Big Gun" designs,so Jacky Fisher decided to steal a march on everybody else and get there first.The Dreadnought was built in a record time of a year and a day,in great secrecy.

Cheers Phil

Indeed. The idea first appeared in print in 1903 in an article written by the Italian naval architect, Vittorio Cuniberti. It was the speed of construction of Dreadnought that was most exceptional and demonstrated British industrial power at that time. Early 20th Century naval history is something of a hobby of mine. My grandfather was German and served throughout WW1 on the BC SMS Moltke (hence my adopted login name). One of the reasons I've just taken up modelling is that eventually I want to build a model of his ship.

All the best

Steve