Italeri 1/72 C-130J Hercules Mk.5 Royal Air Force Lyneham

Even at 1/72 this is a monster. built as she comes out the box and painted with Humbrol paints. I know it has problems but I never had trouble with fit of major parts. made some mistakes, instruction sheet is a little lacking in detailing and in fact they tell you to paint out wrong windows which I had to strip back and paint out the right ones (pic on the box shows it with wrong ones painted, must remember to look at box art pic ot pics of real thing next time) but in the end I like her.

DSCF1167.jpg

DSCF1172.jpg

DSCF1246.jpg

DSCF1241.jpg

DSCF1226.jpg

DSCF1256.jpg

Thanks everyone

Mark the model is placed on a pice of cardboard or model grass in front of a printed picture of Duxford air field.

Kev I went online and got it from Hannants, be aware that the rivet counters have pointed out theres some faults with it

Any chance you could post a pic of it with something in shot to give an idea of size? I've got one in the loft (a K) and wonder about how big it'll be built up. It does look very good though, That picture reminds me of my time at Lyneham.

I thought you'd only posted one picture of the finished build!! Those pictures are a brilliant touch! I didn't realise until I read other posts...I work with Hercs daily, but I'm no rivet counter. I think it looks pretty realistic bar the small discrepencies that are bound to be present in any kits! I shall be following your lead and buying one to build OOB. Very smart :)

Any chance you could post a pic of it with something in shot to give an idea of size? I've got one in the loft (a K) and wonder about how big it'll be built up. It does look very good though, That picture reminds me of my time at Lyneham.

Will this do Ade

DSCF1283.jpg