Titanic Single Type Group Build

happy with that, just need to get some modelling tape and im all set. Im going to have a look on trma to see what colours are most realistic for funnels, etc. Some of those guys over there mix their own paints to get the most realistic colours, i think ill go with the closest match none mix effort

Nice to have you aboard, so i opened my minicraft box for the 1st time since i bought it a year ago and the hull is massive nearly 80 cms long and how many pieces....could take me a year to build:-)

here is a link to everything you could want to know about how to do your titanic model and more

Rivet counter

and a good link for anyone with the minicraft 1:350 titanic

How to 1:350 titanic

Edited by sulky

Found this for you Rich

only difference is that in real life the titanic didnt have any of the funnels installed, mast installed or davits installed while on the stocks. So apart from that it should give you some ideas

and this is how it should look under the cranes

Titanic launch

and for anyone wanting to do a wreck

Edited by sulky

Some inconsiderate postman left this on my door step.... -_-

P2170002.jpg

However temptation knocked as well! :devil: I felt the urge to open it and have a look inside the box.... kinda like an addiction!

P2170003.jpg

And as soon as I looked apon these little bits of plastic I was hooked :wicked: ..... I am James Fraser and I am addicted to Modelling see I said it, :clap2:... now I am going to struggle to keep that big box lid shut and not to start messing around with her till the build starts....

Those Props appear too yellow.... they need some painting!

• 1 month later...
Ok, sulky will not be able to co-host this GB, any one fancy stepping up?

I'll try to better my efforts on the KUTA GB if required, unfortunately life got in the way of my efforts with that one quite badly (sorry Mish :shithappens: :undecided: )

As well as being a massive fan of the Titanic Having read many books, and both her and her sisters, as well as Whitestar, and the papers from the American and British board of trade investigations too.

I'm planning to do the Acadamy 1:400 scale dio for this one with a twist, but not letting on on this yet (but yes it involves building the full model, and more) it doesn't include Ice either, ie it something I've not seen done to a titanic model.

Dave

Edited by zero

Looks like you have yourself a job Dave :)

Thanks Mish

I've been wanting to build this for a while now,

390494652.jpg

for the 100th anniversary certainly feels the right time to do this one. and as I said, mine will be a dio, not a display stand one, so it will involve some cutting and it will involve some scratch building (but she will not be sinking!)

Dave