Tamiya 1/32 F-15 Baz

Spence

Hey everyone!

After chatting to the BM boss yesterday, he suggested it might be a good idea to add this to the KUTA Group Build. This is my 1/32 Eagle that I've been working on and off since the end of 1997; the model has been on the bench, off the bench, in the loft, in a box, broken, consigned to a pile I considered throwing out and then finally retrieved, cleaned up, reworked and then finally painted over the last week or so. It really has been a project that I never thought would get done. So much of it has been broken, lost and forgotten, that I simply couldn't bring myself to consider any more work - including, after a week of work before Christmas, spilling Alclad primer over the right upper intake which in turn melted through the plastic and so the whole area had to be sanded smooth, the pitting filled and then the panel lines rescribed! How I didn't smash the thing over the workbench is still something of a mystery...

Anyhoo, the model represents an early Israeli F-15C Baz and as such, combines the upper fuselage of an F-15C with the lower part from an F-15E this allowing me to show FAST packs in place which Isreali F-15s are often seen carrying (which is another reason this model wasn't smashed - that's one expensive combination!). The parts left over from both kits will be used to create an F-15D so nothing is wasted on this one.

The only problem that I have with this model is that my techniques have developed so much over the intervening years that so parts of the model look a little rough, but hopefully a bit of touching up here and there should help bring the internals up to the standard of the rest of the airframe. I guess that will teach me to spend so long building a model!!! Frankly, I just want it finished now - so any problems there are, will just have to do! :whistle:

Spence

5430189081_da5b66ec87_b.jpg

5430188173_60a93ba252_b.jpg

5430188059_46b9def797_b.jpg

5430187121_ee48045238_b.jpg

Spence, I'm building the 1/32 Tamiya F-15C and I'm about the same stage as you. Before you go to far, don't forget that the inside of the exhaust cans are predominantly white.......

f-15e-exhaust-detail-2.jpg