Boeing 777-300ER conversion

I've finished her! Have bee doing the final details over the last couple or evenings.

I'm pleased with how this has come out; a 777-300ER is a welcome addition to my civil collection.

Below are a few pictures of the model. Decals came from the Xtradecal BA sheet X44-002 which needed to be modified to represent a -300ER series. The over wing exit markings are not quite right, but they were all I had in the spares box.

S1030003.jpg

S1030004.jpg

S1030005.jpg

S1030006.jpg

A close up of Contrail Models GE-90-115B

S1030007.jpg

The latest edition sitting alongside a 777-200ER as a comparison in size

S1030012.jpg

Thanks for looking.

the fin should have a gold strip down the trailing edge and a bare metal leading edge

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Singapore-A...a87ce59cff4521a

It must be the light becasue I acan assure you both are present on the real model!! Bl**dy camera flashes!

Hello tom

just seen your model of a Boeing 777-300ER,

first impressions very good.

i have been involved with the B777-300ER ever since they arrived in BA colours. i have taken lots of photos of the three aircraft that currently BA have.

i have only just found your thread on here today and i know it may be to late but here are some pictures that may help.

work024.jpg

work017.jpg

work032.jpg

glad to see that you have tried to do the converssion, going to have a go myself soon and i like the set you used.

as with regards to the coroguard on the wings the BA aircraft do have it on the underside and i will check the top side but that gets a little difficult to try to get that view!!!!

Tony..

Edited by leader3

here are some more photos,

you have to excuss the cluttered pictures as the aircraft last week were parked on the smallest stand that would take this size aircraft,

it provided a intresting challenge!!!!

Photo0025-1.jpg

Photo0018.jpg

Thanks for the info, it is a shame you didn't see the thread sooner as your info and images are excellent. :thumbsup:

dont worry about pics being cluttered - I think they're brilliant :)

(love a job like yours - got any vacancies?)

here is a picture that may interest some.

it is of the drive motor for the cargo doors and it appears that the motor is covered in dead flies.

the theory goes that when the holds are closed at the out stations there are these fruit flies on board and when the aircraft gets to altitude they settle for the hotest part of the hold.

and as the motor will be the last thing that is used it is still warm when the aircraft gets to altitude.

no other part of the hold is covered in these flies!

work023.jpg

Can you get Qatar 777-300er pics like this? They would come in handy on my build. But well done Tom your birds looks the nads. Thanks chris

would love to help with picture of a Qatar 777 but they depart from terminal 4 and i dont get over that way much nowdays!!

if im in or around i will try.

best bet is to look on airliners.net

• 2 years later...