Dakota Single Type Group Build

Thanks Mish,

The title really says it all, this is the place and the time to get rid of any D's you have lying in your stash any size, any nationality, military or civil. Prop or Jet engined. anything goes.

Theres more than a handful of possibilities, You have the Camel Caravan to Berlin, the D-day parachutist, two variants of the BBMF Dakota, RAF Transport Command and RAE, 35 Sqn SAAF '05 anniversary, USN, Various Camo versions, Medical and of course the Vietnam fav the Gunship. More options than you can shake a hairy stick at!

Interested members so far:

- RAF Col. - BBMF 09/10 scheme

- WKennerly

- Warris

- Kev1n - TWA or RAF

- Trojan Thunder - Finnair or something from down under!

- Its all gone Horribly Wrong

- Paul J - Morton Air Services

- Alpha Delta 210

- Busdriver - Air Atlantique

- Graham77

- Richellis

- Maxidad

- Radleigh

- Mike Mcellany - Armada Argentina, Grupo Naval Antartico

- Phil Podmore -

Anyone else just post below, and chat about the possibilities and the options!

Thanks guys,

James

Edited by RAF Colonel

My mojo returneth! :pray:

Even though I have several started models on the bench, I am getting through them, albeit slowly. By the time this GB gets started, I hope I'll be straining at the lead...I have Italeri's Spooky in the stash. It might be a nice easy build to getting the juices flowing more freely.

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing as I've just completed the TCA DC-3 in 1/72nd and effectively used up my stock in that scale, my entries will be 1/144th. One will most likely be an old favourite that I used to see alot in the late 60's belonging to Morton Air Services. A possible second in a nother civvie scheme too.

Note to self- Must stock up with more 72nd Daks!

Paul.

Mine will be 1/72nd btw and I'm leaning towards the RAF atm and not TWA

tho' depending on other work, I could do both......

• 3 weeks later...

I'm quite interested in this GB. I think anyone who seriously loves aviation modelling should build at least one Dak in their time, it is such an iconic aircraft! So many schemes to choose from that at the moment I can't decide right now, but I've got a few months to think on it. I'll likely be building the Italeri 1/72 kit.

Daz, Rowan,

Welcome aboard! and Rowan I have to agree the Dakota is one of the most Iconic aircraft that ever have flown. And Daz me to She looks very nice at the moment saw her flying overhead at the Armed forces day Parade in Glasgow, so hard not to look up at her while marching! Then ran down to Jamiesons and bought my first ever Dak.

However heard rumors that she's bring repainted for this season.