SeaKing AEW. Mk.2A Hasegawa 1:48

I had a lot of joy during the construction of this model

I think I got more joy viewing this masterpiece of modelling !! :gobsmacked:

This is, without doubt - THE most OUTSTANDING model of any variant of the Sea King I have seen in any scale !!

I really do hope that this model will be featured in one of the leading European modelling magazines ?

I'd love to read a detailed account of how you both constructed and finished the model to such a high degree of finesse !

Every now and again, a model appears out of no where - that can only be described as awe inspiring. This is clearly, one such example.

If you are not submitting the model to any of the print media, would you be in a position to describe how you at least finished the model and what techniques you used ?

I'm also interested in what camera equipment you used and how you achieved such wonderful images ?

Thanks again for sharing such a magnificent work of art !

Cant really add anything to whats already been said, a really amazing model and beautifully photographed - I think you should give up the day job!! :winkgrin:

Cheers

Si

If Artur gave up his day job he'd have less time to build those fantastic models!!

I really do hope that this model will be featured in one of the leading European modelling magazines ?

I'd love to read a detailed account of how you both constructed and finished the model to such a high degree of finesse !

Every now and again, a model appears out of no where - that can only be described as awe inspiring. This is clearly, one such example.

If you are not submitting the model to any of the print media, would you be in a position to describe how you at least finished the model and what techniques you used ?

I'm also interested in what camera equipment you used and how you achieved such wonderful images ?

Thanks again for sharing such a magnificent work of art !

This model will be not featured in any modelling magazine...

I prefere to share with my models in more interactive place such as this forum. Another question is my poor English...

I never had the opportunity to learn this language at school, Russian was more important :fuyou_2: .

Of course is no any problem to describe how i finished this model, especially that there is no any magics.

-2 thin coats of Surfacer 1200

-black preshading lines

-basic grey

-brightened basic grey on the centers of panels, this type of airbrushing I can compare to "mottling".

-gloss varnish

-decals ( I dont like Hasegawa's decals... )

-again gloss

-dark grey wash made from oil paints mixed with white spirit thinner

-matt

-with extra small brush painted scratches with Vallejo paints

-again matt varnish

-some delicate vertical stains done with thinned in lighter petrol Abteilung oil paints

-last matt coat

As you see - nothing very special.

Pictures - I am still not very happy with this but I'm glad you like it.

I'm using Canon 450d with basic kit lens. Manual settings. The best is nice sunshine weather without wind, it could be dangerous. Here is my home photo studio:

P2055494.jpg

Images are processed in a simple way in Picasa program and resized in InfranView.

Here is the result:

SeaKing.jpg

Thanks a lots for every comments guys!

Another question is my poor English...

I never had the opportunity to learn this language at school, Russian was more important

Your use of English is far from being poor ! Indeed, it is far better than some of the 'efforts' I see written by people, whose principle language is English !!

I'd be struggling to write or speak in three different languages !

As you see - nothing very special.

I disagree. This is one stunning piece of modelling !! What's your next project ?

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to share with us; your step by step processes of construction, finishing, weathering and photography of this model.

Well done !

Edited by Aussie_Modeller

As everyone else has said.....simply stunning......however, if I may, just needs the nav lights painting on the sponsons.

Absolutely right, probably I getting old...

I hope colours of lights are OK? Left red and right green.

SeaKing001.jpg

SeaKing002-2.jpg

Aussie_Modeller

What's your next project ?

Soon I should complete FJ-4B Fury Hobbyboss and Nieuport Ni-11 Eduard, both in 1/48.

And my most importand build: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=62883

Time to garage BBQ today, we have nearly +8 degrees Celsius!

Have you nice weekend!

I hope colours of lights are OK? Left red and right green.

You're spot on. You got the colours and convention correct.

Time to garage BBQ today, we have nearly +8 degrees Celsius!

Have you nice weekend!

If it's any consolation, we had +47° Celsius where I am staying in Sydney, Australia today !! :rant:

So, no chance of any BBQ's happening here ! Will trade you for +8°C in a heart beat !