Trumpeter Queen Elizabeth 1942

Paul A H

Where the feck did that come from? That's brilliant, what with Academy bringing out HMS Warspite it looks like 2011 is going to be a bumper year for Brit ships.

Will definitely be getting both the Warspite and the Queen Elizabeth, then hopefully someone will bring out resin/PE conversion sets so that Malaya and Valiant can also be built. I think it would be too big a task to convert the Warspite to Barham?

Being a total ship ignoramous but having a family interest in HMS Malaya Jutland 1916 can anyone advise is is possible to do HMS Queen Elizabeth 1941 to HMS Malaya 1916? or is that a conversion too far?

and can HMS Barham 1916 be done?

thanks in advance as always

Being a total ship ignoramous but having a family interest in HMS Malaya Jutland 1916 can anyone advise is is possible to do HMS Queen Elizabeth 1941 to HMS Malaya 1916? or is that a conversion too far?

and can HMS Barham 1916 be done?

thanks in advance as always

All ships in the class were rebuilt once and Warspite, Valiant and QE twice. Bottom line is that you'd have to replace everything between B and X turrets, building new bridge and funnels. You would be better off starting from the Airfix 1/600 Warspite: at least that still has some of the 6" battery (QE and Valiant lost theirs). I could dig out an old Airfix Magazine article if you were interested, but it's a pretty basic conversion, not up to current day standards.

In one way I'm disappointed that two companies are doing the same class of ship in 1/350, but on the other hand I'm very pleased that we're getting two all-new RN WWII ships, with rumours of more to come. It's a great time to be a fan of the Grey Funnel Line.

In one way I'm disappointed that two companies are doing the same class of ship in 1/350, but on the other hand I'm very pleased that we're getting two all-new RN WWII ships, with rumours of more to come. It's a great time to be a fan of the Grey Funnel Line.

The two vessels ended up looking completely different,in many details.Until the QE had been announced from Trumpy ,I was thinking of converting the Academy Warspite to either her or the Valiant,I`ve no need to bother now! Great Stuff

Cheers Phil

The two vessels ended up looking completely different,in many details.Until the QE had been announced from Trumpy ,I was thinking of converting the Academy Warspite to either her or the Valiant,I`ve no need to bother now! Great Stuff

Cheers Phil

Can even maybe break out the 'Mountbatten Pink' for the QE - make a nice change. I've also got a nice card model of the Warspite in 1/200 - whilst I'd like to, don't think I'd invest in two kits on that basis.

...'rumour on Steel Navy of both Nelson and R-class ship coming'...

Can anyone enlarge on that?

One can only hope that the interest in British battlewagons will filter down to IM cruisers and destroyers, along with the holy grail of British aircraft carriers.

Can even maybe break out the 'Mountbatten Pink' for the QE - make a nice change. I've also got a nice card model of the Warspite in 1/200 - whilst I'd like to, don't think I'd invest in two kits on that basis.

...'rumour on Steel Navy of both Nelson and R-class ship coming'...

Can anyone enlarge on that?

Jon Warneke of Iron Shipwrights mentioned it. Rumour with substance or just wishful thinking, maybe. Either way, an R-class would really be a unbelievable nice surprise. And every year it baffles me that there´s no sign of Rodney. The Nelsons might not been the most beautiful ships, but IMHO they are cool looking, they packed a serious punch, and they played their part in history.

The Nelsons might not been the most beautiful ships, but IMHO they are cool looking, they packed a serious punch, and they played their part in history.

Yep - big, brutal-looking gun boats and appeared in some interesting colour schemes too.

• 1 month later...

Cheers Phil

Phil,

Talking of conversion possibilities, how hard would it be merging the Trumpy Repulse and their QE to get a Renown? I don't have my references to hand, but it seems possible.

Graham