1/72 Revell Eurofighter Typhoon

As if there aren't enough of these on here already... never mind ehh! :D

This, as I'm sure you all know, is the RAF Eurofighter Typhoon from 3 Squadron. It's all built OOB apart from the intake covers which if I remember correctly are Two Mikes Resin. Lot's of little Fiddly pieces and a fair amount of filler needed, mostly where the wings meet the fuselage. I painted it using a hairy stick and Humbrol paints. I used to Barley Grey but lightened it with some white to get the shade I have and used standard Barley Grey for the nose cone. You have the option of 9, yes, NINE different versions to build with a massive load out of weapons!. 4 British, 3 German and a couple of others I cant seem to remember (my mistake). Lots and lots of tiiiny stencils to lose and (or) get stuck to your tweezers and spend the next 5 minutes trying to get them onto the aircraft... But eventually you end up with something looking a little bit like a Eurofighter Typhoon :)

Enjoy!

S1050361.jpg

S1050360.jpg

S1050359.jpg

S1050358.jpg

S1050357.jpg

S1050356.jpg

S1050355.jpg

S1050354.jpg

S1050353.jpg

S1050352.jpg

S1050351.jpg

S1050350.jpg

S1050349.jpg

S1050348.jpg

Hope y'all like!

Edited by Cycerath

Excellent work. I've had one of these (2-seater) waiting on the shelf for months, because I'm too much of a baby to get stuck in. Keep getting it out of the box, looking at the fourteen million tiny parts and my big clumsy fingers, whimpering, and putting it away again. I salute you.

like it :)

I need one myself now...

a bit curious about the lighting in your pics tho...makes it look very brown

maybe try a whiter light source?...just a thought

still a nice model

Excellent work. I've had one of these (2-seater) waiting on the shelf for months, because I'm too much of a baby to get stuck in. Keep getting it out of the box, looking at the fourteen million tiny parts and my big clumsy fingers, whimpering, and putting it away again. I salute you.

Ah yes, I know that feeling all too well when I started this kit... Had a couple of pieces eaten by the carpet after having them ping off my tweezers. Never mind! You do get a great sense of satisfaction when you finish it so it is worth it.

I need one myself now...

still a nice model

Yeah I know the lighting can look a bit off but I think it may be a combination of the light and the camera (not my camera so I cant say for sure). When the sun (eventually) comes I'll get some in the sunlight!

Thanks for looking :)

I need one myself now...

still a nice model

The light source is an issue, but even more so the camera, I'm afraid! I hope to invest in a new camera fairly soon, and hope that this will improve the quality of the photos further.. I also hope the lighter brighter days ahead will help the light issue as well, over the next few months at least, until next 'dark season'.. :)

I'm pleased to say my son build better models than I do, but he leaves it to me to do the photos... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice indeed. Some observations:

RAF aircraft carry ASRAAM rather than IRIS-T.

The AMRAAM colours appear to be backwards - it should be a grey body and white nose but it looks the other way around. That might be the lighting though.

The intake blanks have a black "seal" around the edges.

Minor niggles on an otherwise excellent build though, well done.

Very nice indeed. Some observations:

RAF aircraft carry ASRAAM rather than IRIS-T.

The AMRAAM colours appear to be backwards - it should be a grey body and white nose but it looks the other way around. That might be the lighting though.

The intake blanks have a black "seal" around the edges.

Minor niggles on an otherwise excellent build though, well done.

Hey :)

I went for the IRIS-T because it was an option and I wanted something different from the Sidewinder and it appealed a little more than the ASRAAM although I will bare it in mind for any other RAF builds I do :D

The AMRAAM's are painted in a light grey with slightly darker nose and slightly darker again stabilisers (I guess thats what the 'wings' would technically be called :P) The light is probably a little off too...

Thanks for the advice, will remember it for a future build

Thanks for looking :)