J-35BS Draken 1/48

smoffo

Great job on that Draken!

I see you've got the B-model fin top, so please don't forget to add the pitot-tube!

IMG_26261.jpg

But you already knew that I'm sure. :rolleyes:

There's a pitot tube on the fin on all Draken marks, except for the WDNS-modded Danish ones.

For some reason Hasegawa neglected to include it, even though it's on the boxart!

Outside of swedish forums, you almost never see it on models.

Allright, I'll stop nit-picking now.

Still amazed by that paint finish though!

//C

That underside looks great, neat paintwork! What is the green stuff on the undercarriage legs and what is it for?

Thanks. The green stuff is Mr Maskin Sol, just masked the rest of the gear leg to paint the moving portion in alclad chrome.

Christer, thanks. I got the pitot tube for the fin and nose from maestro models. Keeping them off until the end to avoid damage.

Michael

Starting to look like a plane :)

Forgot to paint one of the antennas, so a little kling film and some tamiya tape

ES4F1564.jpg

The AIM-9's are ready and waiting to get mounted on the plane, looking at the close ups I need to do some touch up on the painting.

ES4F1603.jpg

All the decals are on except the no walk decal on the intake (got to do some dry brushing to get it to look more like glass fiber)

ES4F1601.jpg

The decals in this edition is very thick and they don't want to settle down. Used both Micro SOL and Mr Mark Softer but still silvering and the edge of the decals are very visible.

ES4F1597.jpg

I will do some correction with paint on the silvering but allowing the matt varnish to dry.

Michael

• 3 weeks later...