!/48 Hasegawa US Aircraft Wepons Set E

ScottC

Nice, but its a shame Hasegawa just don't put weapons in with their aircraft kits like everyone else.

Yes, but which is better?

A couple of sticks with fins on, or a dedicated set that looks like the real thing, with decals.

Ie I've seen some Dire Free Weapons, so if your going to build a masterpiece, it nice to have a full trolly load to add to it, for a few sheckles more.

Also I've got several phantom to do, I want to do some of those with targets and drones, again available via these sets, and look like the real mc'coy with out those ie would be scratch build or go with out.

390494486.jpg

I already have sets A,B, & C I want a D if not two, look like I need an E, now and the japanese set as well.

HGAX4810.jpg

(never stops does it Arghh!!!!)

Dave

Edited by zero

Yeah, but say with the 1/48 Revell Typhoon or Rafale, for the price of one hasegawa weapons set you get the plane and the weapons to go with it, plus the problems with the Hasegawa weapons sets is that most time you need more than one to get the right weapons for the aircraft your building and the rest of the sets never get used.

Edited by worm

Yeah, but say with the 1/48 Revell Typhoon or Rafale, for the price of one hasegawa weapons set you get the plane and the weapons to go with it, plus the problems with the Hasegawa weapons sets is that most time you need more than one to get the right weapons for the aircraft your building and the rest of the sets never get used.

Agree, which is why I have 4 Tiffies in the stash (sadly one is the early version with out) and six Weapon sets ;)

Dave

The best weapons in 1/48 I reckon are with Academy's new Eagles, they are excellent-on the Sidewinders you can see the expanding rod behind the fuse windows and the SLAMs have a fan face on the rear. Kinetic's aren't too bad, as are some of Hobbyboss' in the Aardvark kits. I really don't rate Revell's Typhoon weapons though, which is a real shame because those with the Super Hornet and Rafale are excellent. It would be nice to see Hasegawa have some bombs with their jet kits, but given the variety of pods, missiles, bombs that strike fighters carry today, I don't blame them really.

My solution-stock up on Strike Eagles from Academy, or talk to somebody nicely who does!!!! 1 Strike eagle is serving two SH's and two baby Hornet's with AAMs, JDAMs and LGBs, and a Kinetic Viper is helping out with Mavericks and a Litening pod, and there is still some left for more!

Joel

Edited by Bandwagon 106

Nice, but its a shame Hasegawa just don't put weapons in with their aircraft kits like everyone else.

I have no doubt that you will start to see sprues from this set included in various re-releases of kits from Hasegawa.Thats what they did with weapons set D which appeared in a few F-16 boxings.

Stephen