Airliner II Group Build

• 1 month later...

Well, I might join this and hope I'm not too extended on my GB's next year (8 so far)...

If I do, by the look of things I will be building the slowest entry...my 1/48 Revell Ju-52/3m in beautiful red :lol:

Andy

Edited by AndyC

• 4 weeks later...

Can I join please Rich?

It'll probably be either a Revell RJ-85 or an Airbus A-300. If I'm brave and much quicker than normal, I'll try to take a leaf from Kev's book and open it up a bit.

Phil.

Inter-war airliners, focussing on Croydon airport is my current obsession. I'm currently working on four 1/144 Junkers G38s including the first version with a chopped roof. That bit of surgery has been quite succesful. On top of the pile is the Instone Airlines Vimy Commercial from Maquette and also the splendid Contrail Civillian Blackburn Kangaroo. I have many other kits in stock of suitable subjects and hopefully these will come to light as time gets on.

There are a few useful books on my shelves that inspire me such as Ord-Hume's British Commercial Aircraft ; 1920-1940 and the same author's Imperial Airways ; from early days to BOAC.

My local IPMS meets not too far from Shoreham Airport and I have recently purchased a FW 200 which was impounded there, repainted and taken on by BOAC - the correct decals come in the box !

Hopefully there are others out there who share my particular persuasion.

Hopefully there are others out there who share my particular persuasion.

Hi Adrian

Yes, I'm into between-the-wars civil stuff too.

I picked up the new Aeropoxy Spartan Cruiser at the nationals, so at the moment that's what I'm thinking of doing for the GB. Bound to change my mind before then though!

Cliff

I'm currently working on four 1/144 Junkers G38s including the first version with a chopped roof. That bit of surgery has been quite succesful. On top of the pile is the Instone Airlines Vimy Commercial from Maquette and also the splendid Contrail Civillian Blackburn Kangaroo.
I picked up the new Aeropoxy Spartan Cruiser at the nationals, so at the moment that's what I'm thinking of doing for the GB. Bound to change my mind before then though!

Cliff

I think I'll take back my remark that I will be building the slowest airliner! Some seriously eclectic choices there guys - makes my Tante-Ju look like Concorde!

Andy

.....If I'm brave and much quicker than normal, I'll try to take a leaf from Kev's book and open it up a bit.

Phil.

ooOOOO !!

:blink:

go for it.....be brave.....go on.....you know you want to :)

So as I understand it the group build means opening the box mid-September and then showing photographs of progress for completion by mid-December. In that circumstance it will have to be a vac such the Blackburn Kangaroo. I wouldn't want to rush my Contrail HP 42 that quickly. I have in the past completed a 1/72 HS 126 with sand disruptive over black green/dark green splinter in 12 hours - a mad pizza fuelled thrash when I lived in Canada.

For the chap that asked about the BOAC FW 200 impounded at Shoreham that would be the Revell 1/72 kit. I could chuck that in the mix during that period provided I am allowed to pre-make some resin passenger seats using the resin cloning technique. Something reccomended to me by fellow Britmodeller Troy Smith.

• 2 weeks later...

can i play please, since i have just been bitten by the airliner bug. Not sure what i will build yet, but i have got 9 months to decide.lol

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

After I stubbled across all the fantastic builds here one very lovely day , and the made the very silly mistake of asking various questions, on things and various stuff. I then received utterly brilliant answers and advice?

The upshot of this debarcle has been to learn and gain knowledge on airliner modeling, so, as all you brilliant buggers have given me this wonderful bug, I think the least you could do is let a poor old infected soul in with, currently on the bench and planned for this year a.

Revell 747-400, (Braz RB1'11's) BA current (hopefully), with cabin lights, spots and nav blinkers

Revell A380 with Twosix Quantas livery, cabin lights, spots and nav blinkers.

A 737 or A320 with dropped flaps and lighting as a test bed for the above, livery undecided?

Airfix Orion Pan-Am space clipper, with cabin lights and nav blinkers, as a test bed for all of the above, (could qualify as classic civil by now,surely?)

Hi all,

After I stubbled across all the fantastic builds here one very lovely day , and the made the very silly mistake of asking various questions, on things and various stuff. I then received utterly brilliant answers and advice?

The upshot of this debarcle has been to learn and gain knowledge on airliner modeling, so, as all you brilliant buggers have given me this wonderful bug, I think the least you could do is let a poor old infected soul in with, currently on the bench and planned for this year a.

Revell 747-400, (Braz RB1'11's) BA current (hopefully), with cabin lights, spots and nav blinkers

Revell A380 with Twosix Quantas livery, cabin lights, spots and nav blinkers.

A 737 or A320 with dropped flaps and lighting as a test bed for the above, livery undecided?

Airfix Orion Pan-Am space clipper, with cabin lights and nav blinkers, as a test bed for all of the above, (could qualify as classic civil by now,surely?)

Welcome aboard!

I will be building the Finnair A340-300 Angry Birds scheme and a 757 Ed Force One and maybe a couple of others.

Antony

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...