1/32 Nieuport 17

kickstart

Good morning Gents. I have started a build on the Academy Nieuport 17 and will be painting it in Capitaine Georges Guynemer,s mount. Struck a bump when trying to find any paint manufactures colour corresponding to the FS numbers quoted on the instructions. Would anybody know the Humbrol, Xtracolor, etc number for the FS 34258 Dark Green, FS 30099 Dark Brown stated in the instructions?

All the subassemblies are in that ‘ugly’ stage but will post pics as I go along.

Good morning Gents. I have started a build on the Academy Nieuport 17 and will be painting it in Capitaine Georges Guynemer,s mount. Struck a bump when trying to find any paint manufactures colour corresponding to the FS numbers quoted on the instructions. Would anybody know the Humbrol, Xtracolor, etc number for the FS 34258 Dark Green, FS 30099 Dark Brown stated in the instructions?

All the subassemblies are in that ‘ugly’ stage but will post pics as I go along.

Is this any help to you?

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/colorcharts/colorcharts_2.asp

Edited by J.D.

Hi, I have started to do a database of paints cross referenced to the manufacturers quoted FS number, RAL, RLM, BS381 etc or from reliable sources of the matched FS number and the paints that match are listed below.

FS 34258

Lifecolor UA115 Mimetic Green 1 FS34258, Misterkit IAF06 Green FS34258, Vallejo Model Air 71.094 Zinc Chromate, Polly Scale 505368 Warpac Gray FS34258, Polly Scale 505310 German RLM68 Light Olive Green FS34258, Model Master II 2029 Green FS34258. Also Xtracolor X120 Cockpit Green is quoted as FS14258, so with a matt finish it should be OK as 34258. Additionally Tamiya XF04 is supposed to FS 34259 or thereabouts.

FS30099

Lifecolor UA087 US Tank Earth Brown FS30099 and Polly Scale 505244 RAAF Earth Brown FS30099 are the only 2 listed. Lifecolor UA513 RAAF Earth Brown FS20099 is listed as a satin finish.

I cant say which are the best matches and some may even be quite different but they should provide you with a good starting point.

Hope this helps.

Tim

Edited by TimC

Thanks Tim. Phew, gets rather bewildering on what each manufacturer call their colours for the same supposed paint mix.

Motor now complete. Push-rods replaced with piano wire & plug leads wired using silver invisible thread

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

Edited by kickstart

Scratch built cockpit now done and ready to close fuselage.

P1020344.jpg

P1020343.jpg

Edited by kickstart