RCAF C-47 to be (part deux)....the finish!

Hi Chaps,

About 2 hours ago I finished my CAF C-47 and here are the 'roll out' images for you all to enjoy. Hope you like.

IMG_2405.jpg

In the above view the tube like items from the exhausts are from scrap parts somewhere, which were added to the model as they are not in the kit. Also the retract bits just behind the main legs and wheel.

IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_2410.jpg

IMG_2408.jpg

Below-The windscreen was replaced by some spare from a vacform canopy waste area cut down to size and fitted as the kit parts were too shallow and had the small vertical frame which is not present on this particular machine.

IMG_2407.jpg

IMG_2404.jpg

IMG_2402.jpg

The kit is the Italeri from the Airfix boxing and leading Edge decals, Alclad, Appliance white. Have I already mentioned all this previously??

Edited by Paul J

Looks good, I like the under surface colour--very hard to match with anything. :speak_cool:

Tony

Hi Tony

Thank you. I forgot to mention the underside grey. Because the grey was supposed to have a 'greenish' tinge to it, the nearest I have and never thought of trying, was ADC grey from the Xtracrylix range. It looks closer to the shade needed than the photomakes it appear but works I think.

PS I note you're in Comox, BC. I had a great holiday there in 2004 and visited the museum while touring from the south of the island and heading north to Port Hardy and on to Prince rupert and beyond back to Calgary and home. Lovely place to be.

Edited by Paul J

And to every one else above, a big thanks for all your comments.

Now this ones out the way, I plan to do another DC-3 using Whiskey Jack decals for a TCA scheme. And some time ahead, the Italeri C-119 again in a similar Canadian scheme from Leading Edge.

Once again many,many thanks.

Paul.

Hi All,

Many thanks for all your comments. Its all very encouraging.

Since the photos, I have tidied up the anti dazzle around the windscreen a bit as one of the images shows the decal, from the set, not settled well enough. This has since been corrected and looks nicer now.

I am now inspired to get on with the Esci version of the kit which is an interesting comparison with the Italeri one detail wise but still looks good.

Thanks again,

Paul.

Very nice finish Paul..but where is the -104 nose? Both "Dolly's Folly" and "Pinochio" were used to train -104 drivers in the use of the ground following radar in the -104...150 kts at low level is better than 500 kts. :speak_cool:

Barney

Hi Barney,

Thank you.

You are right about the nose, but, evidently, it was converted back to standard version. I found details of this on the 'net somewhere but without looking it up don't recall but can confirm the re-conversion. It aslo says this on the Leading Edge instructions for the decals. Meanwhile 'Pinnochio' is preserved at Cold Lake AB.

Paul.

I like she ( or it?) a lot.

Very good job.

Manuel

Thank you and Merci Manuel. 'She' is a nice subject and I have another to do in a Civilan scheme that is on my work bench right now. To be finished in Trans Canada Airlines markings.

Paul.