Fine Molds 1/48 X-Wing Fighter

Just received my X-Wing fighter today, many thanks to Graham at Relish Models, I'm looking to add some illumination to it, this could prove a dismal failure, but we'll see how it goes, a small problem, I can't see where the rigging goes :shrug:

Any how pics will be posted as the build progresses.

Cheers

Pete

Oooh... I'd be tempted to light mine too if I had a clue how to go about it and it cost 25p. Just so I can steam up their window, can you post a link to the place you'll be getting the bits from? :)

Oooh... I'd be tempted to light mine too if I had a clue how to go about it and it cost 25p. Just so I can steam up their window, can you post a link to the place you'll be getting the bits from? :)

Mike, I put a help question in modelling tips this arbo and Stan came up with this:-

Lighting Linky

They look as though they might have most of what we will need, although I don't know how far you want to take the lighting, I'm toying with the idea of flickering engines, but I'll just have to see when I get round to starting it. :suicide:

Edited by T-Tango

The flickering lights can be used from the battery operated Tea lights that you can get from hobbycraft. You can add a resistor to get them to run from the voltage you want. I have started using wide angle falt top LEDs , they are much better for engines as they have a wider viewing angle. The standard ones are good for using with Fibre optics. I have used the fibre optics from those fibre optic plant lights. Thats a cheap way of getting fibre optics. You can use 1 LED in the fuselage. Find a piece of metal or plastic tubing that fits over the LED. Then you can put the fibre optics in the other end.

I can give you some [pointers once you get going if you need them.

The flickering lights can be used from the battery operated Tea lights that you can get from hobbycraft. You can add a resistor to get them to run from the voltage you want. I have started using wide angle falt top LEDs , they are much better for engines as they have a wider viewing angle. The standard ones are good for using with Fibre optics. I have used the fibre optics from those fibre optic plant lights. Thats a cheap way of getting fibre optics. You can use 1 LED in the fuselage. Find a piece of metal or plastic tubing that fits over the LED. Then you can put the fibre optics in the other end.

I can give you some [pointers once you get going if you need them.

Many thanks, I might just need some assistance.

Have a look here about half way down.

http://www.voodoofx.com/fiberfx.htm

Marty...

Thanks Marty, I've already seen their effects, very good, but very, very expensive.

Have any of you guys that have built this kit had any problems, the problem I have with this kit is, the pin and hole assembly method is a very good idea, however all the holes are a bit too tight for the pins to fit, meaning the part doesn't fit properly, which looks as though I'm gonna have to open all the holes up to get the parts to fit.

Pete.