Jump to content

UH-1C ***FINISHED*** (Just in time!)


Muller
 Share

Recommended Posts

I started this at the weekend.

Kit box and sprue shots and scheme I'm going with.

P1000811.jpg

P1000812.jpg

This build will be OOB but I might build a base to display it on.

Interior started.

P1000821.jpg

A few more bits painted and weathering done on the interior with promodellers wash and tamiya powders.

P1000834.jpg

I'm not sure if I got the engine bay painted right, I used WEM zinc chromate green, think it should be yellow though :hmmm:

I'll probably close up the engine bay so it doesn't really matter. Another update next weekend!

Edited by Muller
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheers fellas, got some nice interior shots of a well used Huey to paint up the instrument panels and controls. Also I'm thinking of adding some scratched belts, the moulded ones on the seats are pants.

Cockpit20rh202.jpg

Anyone wants the pics drop me a line or I could upload them and post in a thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's a very useful pic - can you post more here?

Just starting to cut plastic on mine - with Apocalypse now playing on DVD for inspiration...

Iain

Same as here, just finished of gluing the cockpit together and the paint call out is for aircraft grey but in the pics it looks all black?

Jamie

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheers Mish :)

Lads, the pics I found are of a Huey that's now in civilian service, maybe that's why it's black? Any Vietnam era interiors I've seen are grey.

I just liked the well used look in these shots.

Cockpit20rh203.jpg

Cockpit20rh206.jpg

Cockpit20rh202-1.jpg

Cockpit20lh202.jpg

Cockpit20lh201.jpg

Cockpit20rh202.jpg

Cockpit20lh204.jpg

Cockpit20rh205.jpg

Cockpit20lh205.jpg

Cockpit20lh203.jpg

So much for my build being OOB, now I want to scratch-build some levers and wiring, this could get complicated! :banghead:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Keith,

Brilliant pix - thanks for sharing! :)

Know what you mean - I intended an out of the box build - but I've spotted the Eduard sets - bu**er...

Iain

Edited by Iain (32SIG)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got a bit more done on this over the last few days, I decided to go easy on adding any bits and just went with belts made from lead foil. Got the engine painted and fitted. Also got a few more bits painted.

P1000858.jpg

P1000860.jpg

Had a bit of a disaster while waiting for the doors to dry, I was trying to fit extra glass shelves in my Ikea display case. One of the higher shelves moved and dropped and smashed down through another two, here's the result.... <_<

P1000851.jpg

(Note to self - Always remove all models when you decide to f*ck around with a glass display case.)

Most of the destroyed models were early ones I built when I first returned to the hobby so they were crap, but my pride and joy, the RAAF A-20G didn't make it. Here's a pic of her when she was all in one piece. :crying:

P1000850.jpg

On the bright side though, my Whif Irish Air Corps F-15 wasn't in the case at the time, and my F4U diorama on the top shelf didn't fall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice progress on your huey ...........sorry to hear about the display case.........similar thing happend to me sometime back..........but it was wood and I saved the cave in..so only some canopies dislodged.......

Rgds

Mr b

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good job that Irish F-15 is still intact, otherwise I'd have been on the next ferry with my 'repair box' to sort-you-out !!. The tones and shading you've got into the cabin and engine deck of your Huey are simply superb. Really like the burnt look to the exhaust. Very, very believable.

Ian

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheers fellas, thanks for the sympathy, but I'm thinking all the destroyed models just make room for more new builds. :) I'm not going to try and rescue any of them, I find it hard enough to finish a new build these days! All the bits are in a box out in the shed, maybe some day I'll do something with them.

Got a bit more done on the Huey, I scratched some belts for the rear bench, and got the cockpit fitted. the fit wasn't great, there'll need to be a lot of filling, sanding and rescribing along the fuselage seams. Still, it's starting to come together now.

P1000880.jpg

P1000882.jpg

Another update next week, thanks for looking!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This weekend I didn't get a lot done on the Huey, SWMBO planned a big spring clean for my days off. I did manage to get the fuselage seams filled and sanded, I still need to do some rescribing. Also ot the rotors painted, they need a coat of Klear before some weathering.

P1000890-1-1.jpg

Thanks for looking, more next week!

Edited by Muller
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...