Revell / HBM 1/72 Avro Manchester 1a

Finally got her done....ish.

The props are Revell Lanc ones blue tacked on until I can get hold of some suitable ones to represent the massive 16' ones on the Manc. Made a hash of the mid upper, it was so damn flimsy I struggled to mask it and the rear turret is the Lanc turret. I tried changing the look of it to look like the correct one unsuccessfully so it'll have to stay as it is. more pics in the finished section.

DSC02521.jpg

DSC02523.jpg

• Like 2

A lovely model Neil of an unusual subject. "Conversions" are often rather intimidating (I remember when I first started hacking the nacelles from my first Bf110G-4) so well done for an excellent end product AND for sharing the whole thing with us here. If it encourages others to have a go at different "non-standard" kits, then that's an extra bonus.

Max

Cheers for all the comments and support guys, the conversion intimidated me greatly, I guess that was why I wanted to get stuck straight into it when I found this group build taking place, if I'd of delayed, I probably wouldn't of started !

Anyway, I got my bonus this week from work, so thinking of treating myself to a CMR BII conversion for the Revell kit. Having had a look at it at Telford, this is one amazing piece of engineering if a little pricey.

Hi Neil

don't give up on the DB props for your Manchester, I saw a set today at Huddersfield. Unfortunately my mate had bought them and he ain't giving them up. Very nice build,

Regards

Paul

Cheers Paul, I'll keep searching, it just doesn't look right with those little propellers, looks under powered !

• 5 months later...

That's very nicely done Neil - well done :clap2:

I was labouring under the misapprehension that the Manchester had a central tail fin too... I guess this wasn't the case for all of 'em? :)