KUTA another!

grufsnik

Every time there is a KUTA GB i seem to to have something to finish, no difference this time then :analintruder: a half finished messa-schnitzel 109 made by revell, a wee bit funky :yikes:

pics to follow a.s.a.p

Gruffers

As promised a couple of pics

IMGP0118.jpg

IMGP0119.jpg

The cockpit tub is now glued up, what a mucky, fiddly,*##*!!% poxy job that was, it fits where it touches and where it touches there aint a-lot :confused: (does'nt help ime all thumbs)

Thats all for now, crack on to-morrow with some filling and sanding.

Gruffers

Bit futher on now, tail section's on and the wings with yet more gaps/casms into which copious amounts of filler have been poured followed by lots of sanding.

I was thinking that it's such a shame there are so many large gaps in the joints of this kit when i found the mould date stamped on the body tub, 1971!. (I was 1yr old then)So i gues it's not so bad after all.

IMGP0120.jpg

IMGP0121.jpg

IMGP0122.jpg

IMGP0123.jpg

I found this kit in my local hobby shop after building 2 egg planes the first of which was last summer in the Blitz 24hr build(Blue impluse). I was looking for a 3rd eggplane at the time but found this instead. I belive it's a cartoon chariter and yes as wacky as hell, i like it and a great break from the norm.

Trying to come up with a paint scheme at the moment, would love to do the desert scheme but i dont have a compressor, and the mottle efect would be very tyricky with brushes so will engage the brain cell and ponder? :whistle:

Gruffers

Well i got some paint on it.... and me...... and the bench :shithappens: ! Oh well my first outing with an air-brush reads like my old school report, must try harder :hypnotised:. I went for a different scheem in the end and for a first try not toooooo bad at about 8ft away. Paints used were Tamiya XF81, XF3 and XF19(probbly not the right grey but not too far off either).

IMGP0124.jpg

IMGP0125.jpg

IMGP0126.jpg

IMGP0127.jpg

IMGP0128.jpg

Next up a wee bit of touching up, final assembly and decals

Thanks Gruffers.

dont know about the red baron bro, all thoes wings and rigging.....ect would make my head hurt :banghead:

Final assembly all done.

IMGP0132.jpg

IMGP0133.jpg

IMGP0134.jpg

apoliges for the quality of pics, the paint doesnt show up so well, will try to get better ones when finished.

Next decals, and they are rather big! um over-sized :hypnotised: .

thanks

Gruffers

Thanks folks, decals are on, varnish is on and the chrome engine and exaust parts have gone MAT!!!......$%##~!!! crap :angrysoapbox.sml::suicide: and i thought this was relaxing!!! :shithappens: oh well for now its finished stuff it! i will worry about that another day, from 8ft i gues its not too bad.

IMGP0135.jpg

IMGP0136.jpg

IMGP0137.jpg

If i find another kit i will have another go it is kind of fun :mental: .

Thanks for looking

Gruffers

Lovely build Gruffers! Looks great!

If I ever get my hands on this kit I'll try and do a Marseille version.

Cheers,

Håkan

• 2 weeks later...