Best spray booth/extractor?

Tango 1

Hi Folks,

I am in the market for a new spray booth/extractor for my workbench. I use enamels an I am getting fed up with wearing the mask all the time, hence why I want the booth. Do any of you use one? What is the best one out here? Or what is the best value for money?

Any info. will be most welcome. Cheers!

I tend use Enamels exclusively and I have found the GraphicAir A300S-D (available from little-cars) to be ideal. However I would still recommend using a respirator whilst spraying the nasties. With leaving the booth on, after you finished spraying, it removes the smells and particles quicker and you can remove your mask quicker.

Spray_Booth_Mk3_a300sd1.jpg

My setup

Spray_Booth_Mk3_002.jpg

Thanks for a great response chaps!

Andy, just out of curiosity which thinners do you use? I switched brands recently and the fumes were killing me long after I had finished spraying! I cannot get my old favourite brand anymore, so was just wondering what others use.

Thanks again everyone for your help!

Andy, just out of curiosity which thinners do you use? I switched brands recently and the fumes were killing me long after I had finished spraying! I cannot get my old favourite brand anymore, so was just wondering what others use.

I use Halfords own brand Cellulose Thinners as my preferred thinners - mixes with just about anything and helps the enamels cure quicker. When I am spraying, behind me is a set of internal doors where my business partner has his computers setup. I recently did a half hour spray session on the big Revell Tomcat and he didn't smell anything. Also within a minute there was no trace of Cellulose smell, only the normal "wet enamel". I have also noticed, I do not have as much paint dust to clean up when I need to pack her away.

I've had one of the A300S-D's myself for about 15 years, still going strong, just change the filter every year or so when it needs to be changed.

It has a lifetime guarentee.

But it's always bes to ware a mask.

If you have an uncomfortable mask, you could try changing to something more comfortable, like the Scott Profile 2 that floats on the face rather than pulling into it.

Thanks for the info on that mask Paul, one question. How does one place an order for one? I found the mask and filters on your site, but no ordering details.

Thanks for the info on that mask Paul, one question. How does one place an order for one? I found the mask and filters on your site, but no ordering details.

Hi,

They are on there, in terms and conditions, but I need to reword it to make it stand out.

I'll send you a PM about the mask.

Ta,

Paul

Edited by little-cars

• 1 month later...