1/48 Hobby Boss F-105D Thunderchief

turnerdad

I didn't like that it is impossible to build the afterburner can area without being able to get rid of the seam lines when joining the 4 longitudinal kit parts, even though the area is difficult to see anyway. I'm teaching myself CAD (Computer Aided Design) so drew up a replacement on my laptop, but built it up radially with no splits. There is a process we use at work where the parts are printed in a kind of resin in very thin layers (if you've seen the Jurassic park where one of the guys builds the resonance chamber of a Velociraptor with a machine-similar to that process). I won't show a pic of the actual drawing as I'm toying with producing it commercially. Hope that helps.

I think you may well be getting a PM very shortly...

• 1 month later...

Very nice work on the Thud. I like the way you have corrected the canopy shape problem. Most jet canopies come down the sides and actually tuck in a little at the bottom, but this is seldom if ever done correctly on models.

Darwin

Any updates on where you're at with the commercial production of the parts you made?

I've halted the build of my HobbyBoss Thud after seeing the problems you encountered. Good quality updates for the canopy and exhaust would be well received I'm sure!

Regards

Richard.

• 4 months later...