Where to Get Revell F15

Merlin 28

Hi all recently got involved again after a 10 year break and I'm looking to building a few modern jets. Picked up a Tamiya F16C Block 25/32 0n Ebay, not arrived yet but from what I have read I won't be dissopointed, can't seem to find Revells latest F15E (85-5511) anywhere in the UK which is suprising unless I'm missing something, looks like ordering a couple from US unless someone can point me in the right direction, help would really be apreciated.

check the sale section somone is selling one i saw it yesterday

Thanks for the replys gents much apreciated, would it be fair to say this is the same kit as marketed in the UK but under a differant ref number to the US, what I,m after is the kit with the latest mouldings which from what I have read is the best F15 yet many thanks for the help. Will check the for sale section.

Thanks for the replys gents much apreciated, would it be fair to say this is the same kit as marketed in the UK but under a differant ref number to the US, what I,m after is the kit with the latest mouldings which from what I have read is the best F15 yet many thanks for the help. Will check the for sale section.

ive just checked its already been sold i know which one you want i have it in the loft but sorry im not selling, ill ekkp my eyes out

ive just checked its already been sold i know which one you want i have it in the loft but sorry im not selling, ill ekkp my eyes out

Thanks for info Mark. Not a problem going to the US for kit just the time factor I believe it could take 3-4 weeks. Now I know I can't easily locate one in the UK I can place an order for a couple from across the pond

is this the one your looking for

387225416.jpg

this is WIP but hopefully it will clarify what your looking for, seen numerous ones of this on Ebay and the like

good luck

Dave

As far as I was aware the only difference between the two kits was that the Revell Monogram issue came with a full air to ground weapons sprue and the Revell AG one didn't.

Sorry gents as I said been away for 10 years please forgive my ignorance, looked for F15 kit reviews on the net and could only find referance to 85-5511 US issue on US websites, so 4550 is the same kit with minor differances? Didn't know Revell Monogram and Revell AG are separate entities.

Hi all recently got involved again after a 10 year break and I'm looking to building a few modern jets. Picked up a Tamiya F16C Block 25/32 0n Ebay, not arrived yet but from what I have read I won't be dissopointed, can't seem to find Revells latest F15E (85-5511) anywhere in the UK which is suprising unless I'm missing something, looks like ordering a couple from US unless someone can point me in the right direction, help would really be apreciated.

where in the west mids are you ?

pm if you want

where in the west mids are you ?

pm if you want

Kingswinford just north of Stourbridge

You're all probably aware of this by now, but there are, or were anyway, 3 different boxings of the Strike Eagle.

Revell Germany issued the Tigermeet Lakenheath Box, the second choice was for the F-15E FWS

Revell USA released the one pictured which had 334th TFS, 4TFW and 391st, 366th FW `decals. If you look on the bottom of the box, it can be used as a display base!

And the last boxing was by Promodeller, which had markings for the 550th TFS and ( I think) 492nd FS Tigermeet. This boxing actually had AIM-120s, GBU-10s and GBU-15s with the guidance pod. The instructions are better laid out with hints and detail pictures. The regular ones only have AIM-9Ls.

Just a little FYI!

Joel.

Revell in the US and Revell GmbH are two totally separate companies that just (bizarrely) happen to have the same name and logo. They are owned and managed by two completely unrelated sets of people. Since they stem from the same root, they do tend to cooperate a lot, but they make separate business decisions.

BTW, many modelers still refer to the German company as Revell AG, which it used to be. But it was reorganized several years ago as Revell GmbH.

J

Nice to know that there are some modllers in this neck of the woods

Nice to here from you Simon what a coincidance lived in kiddy most of my life infact only moved to Kingswinford when I met the wife, all of my family still live there and I work there

scan001.jpg

I've got that in my stash too, is it not a re-pop of the Hasegawa F-15E?

48hasf15e.jpg

Is either particularly rare? Valuable?? :wicked:

Edited by Busdriver

I've got that in my stash too, is it not a re-pop of the Hasegawa F-15E?

Is either particularly rare? Valuable?? :wicked:

Simple answers no and no.

The Revell Strike Eagle is a very good, if not the best rendition of the F-15 in any scale. It makes into a very accurate early Strike Eagle. It has been available in three incarnations. the box you show witht he Tiger Meet markings and full weapons, the Pro Modeler boxing also with full weapons and Tiger Meet markings and the standard Revell boxing with Lakenheath markings (if I recal) and no weapons other than tanks.

The Hasegawa kit isnot a Strike Eagle at all. It represents a "prototype" Mudhen at best and does not include the bulged gear doors, correct pylons or muntions and is also missing many of the antennae of the real jet. It also includes parts for the D model and is best built as a straight D.

Neither kit is rare but if you want an accurate Mudhen then the Revell, Pro Modeler kit is the only way to get there in 1/48.

HTH

Mike

cheers for that useful info mike. I have a few 15's in the stash, so that info is really useful to know. (the revell one is WIP)

these are the version I have stashed.

390491062.jpg

390489308.jpg

393832753.jpg

387225416.jpg

390489307.jpg

Dave