P51D MUSTANG

raif Posted Today, 10:33 AM

Ooh I love a good diorama, and this is outstanding, an absolute joy to look at, well done!

FZ6 Posted Today, 11:03 AM

Outstanding diorama. It's a very inspiring model.

I love the little details such as the drip tray the swpt up rubbish and the manuals on the wing.

Regards,

Mark

Thanks a lot chaps

Fozzy

Beautiful work. When I first looked, I thought it was a real aircraft. One small point though, I doubt that any maintenance hangar would include a bomb on a trolley. Cheers.

All the fantastic comments I am recieving from you guys is appreciated very much...so I say thankyou to all of you.........and yes it was a bit stupid of me placing the Bomb on the trolley in the hangar Brian(even though it wasn't fused ;) )...I should have thought! after all I have worked in many a Hangar in my military career!...no excuse!

Cheers

Fozzy

thats awesome

this is the kind of stuff that makes BM good to be a member of - it makes me want to have a go at this kind of model and diorama

thats awesome

this is the kind of stuff that makes BM good to be a member of - it makes me want to have a go at this kind of model and diorama

...then go for it mate!..and thanks for your comments

Fozzy - I only just spotted this one. What a beauty - fantastic attention to detail - to say that it's a work of art just sounds bland.

What gets me is the patience you must need for something like that. Me - I can't wait to move on to the next kit, so "finished" is something that happens as soon as the paint's dried. To build a model aircraft with all the guts and then move on to a highly detailed must take some stamina and discipline... Do you plan it all out before hand so you've something to aim for or do you just keep going till it looks riight?

Fozzy - I only just spotted this one. What a beauty - fantastic attention to detail - to say that it's a work of art just sounds bland.

What gets me is the patience you must need for something like that. Me - I can't wait to move on to the next kit, so "finished" is something that happens as soon as the paint's dried. To build a model aircraft with all the guts and then move on to a highly detailed must take some stamina and discipline... Do you plan it all out before hand so you've something to aim for or do you just keep going till it looks riight?

Hi there Campbell

Yes ...I had the bones of what I wanted to do in my head....I wanted to place the P51 in a Hangar because I spent 8 years for Queen and Country !in the AAC and spent 4 of those years as a Aircrewman Observer flying in the Scout AH1 and the rest of the time was spent in many a cold and windy Hangar....so I kind of knew what Hangars were like,(what equipment would be in there etc)...the only difference was that we didn't service P51s but Scout,Lynx and Gazelles!!!

So I drew out a plan of what goes where and started to scratch build.

However once I started I then couldn't help myself and started adding cups of teas,opened pots of paints...then the only thing I had to do was make everything look like it came out of the forties and not the eighties!!!...I kept looking at it and eventually decided that it was the way I wanted it to look!!

Sorry Campbell :blah: ......but you did ask!!!

Foz

Edited by Fozzy

Hi chaps

I decided that our dear friends from Photobucket were not going to destroy all my threads :swear:......so I have decided to slowly replace  all photos on this thread and my other RFI posts with my photos from Postimage....starting with this blast from the past from January 2011....My P51D and Hangar!

I do hope you still like the photos second time round!!

Cheers

Fozzy

5 hours ago, Fozzy said:

Hi chaps

I decided that our dear friends from Photobucket were not going to destroy all my threads :swear:......so I have decided to slowly replace  all photos on this thread and my other RFI posts with my photos from Postimage....starting with this blast from the past from January 2011....My P51D and Hangar!

I do hope you still like the photos second time round!!

Cheers

Fozzy

Thank you for going through the tedious work of replacing the photos. I'm fairly sure I can speak for all here that it is greatly appreciated!

• Like 1