1/35 Tamiya's Panzer IV Ausf. D

math-x

Hi,

I am a newbe on this forum and I am quite new to scale modelling as well..I guess (I have returned after 25 years of break:)

Anyway I would like to share a little bit of my work wchich I did durring last few months. Because I am still on the learning curve I decided to start with cheaper Tamiya models, just to try out several techniques and aproaches.

Ther first model which I would like to present is oldish 1/35 Tamiya's Panzer IV Ausf. D. Model is straight out of the box without any modifications and any additional photo etched parts, which means that model itself lacks a lot of details but still was fun to work with.

Painting - Tamiya acrylic paints

Weathering - oil paints

Dust - dry pastels + Humbrol mate coat.

Tracks - original Tamiya's rubbery ones :)(

This is how it looks like:

Thank you for viewing and all of your comments/critique are very welcome.

panzerIV_1.jpg

panzerIV_5.jpg

panzerIV_7.jpg

panzerIV_2.jpg

panzerIV_4.jpg

panzerIV_6.jpg

panzerIV_3.jpg

• Like 3

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to modelling. That Panzer is a heck of an introduction, lovely; I have a bit of a soft spot for the Panzer IVs. I'm looking forward to seeing the Patton already.

If you're back good and proper try drilling out the machine guns (mini drill set). I haven't tried replacing lights with mini-lenses but that will probably be my next 'try out' with some from little-cars.com.

Thanks!

This Panzer was finished at the end of November last year. Meantime I did also Tamiya's STUG IV. I will post some pictures soon.

The M48 Patton will take a while, since it will be valorised with use of photo etched parts, the origial rubbish track will be replaced by movable ones, etc. To be up to date with my current work I might create a forum thread about it.

• 3 years later...

Hi,

Great work! I love your model !

I have had this very kit in my stash since the time before you started your modelling break. I have always wanted to do "white 421" but the foreseen difficulty in making the decal conform to the hatch pulls me off. Was it that terrible? Did you use any special trick? Setting liquids, cutting the decal...???

Natter advised you to drill the machine gun muzzles - my sight is too poor to see that, but I would have used chrome, silver, silvery gray, or even black (always with a blob of Micro Kristal Klear or a few layers of Future or any gloss coat on top) for the lenses, instead of white. And the white seems to have invaded areas that should be panzergray, doesn´t it?

But these are very minor issues.

Congratulations.