1/48 Roden Sea Gladiator

Well here is my first aircraft on Britmod ......not much to say ..it was finished over a year ago ...my last finished aircraft !!....near enough straight out the box + rigging and a bit of a dusting to show early use in the Malta conflict...now know the arrestor hook should not be on,so a bit of surgery later ..maybe ..

5354924731_0b0d19d101.jpg

5355535074_c9a88e8b6a.jpg

5354916733_0dbc91fa5d.jpg

5355537656_e5f911d4b0.jpg

Regards Trevor .... :D

Edited by sunshine coast

Looks nice! As much as the pre-war high visibility schemes and later RAF camouflage look nice, I think the FAA's camouflage looks best on a Gladiator. Lovely finish and very neatly rigged. :)

Just a question: how come the ailerons on both sides are drooped?

Beautifully finished and thanks for sharing!

May I make a little point? It looks as if all four ailerons are drooped, they should be displaced in opposite directions, i.e. left up, right down. And to be really picky, the control stick should then be displaced towards the 'up' aileron.

OK, lecture over....

But she is bloody nice!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind comments .....

Re.

the ailerons, they are both drooped because I modeled the aircraft as it was after its second sortie in anger in June 1940 and having been hit by Italian fire when the cables had been damaged and after a hard landing they snapped......!!!......or I made them pose-able and forgot to check when I took the photo .. :doh: .....whichever explanation you prefer !!! ;)

Rigging is fishing line....holes drill into the underside of top surfaces etc,lengths of line glued in and then all fed through holes right through bottom surfaces,tensioned and glued then trimmed ....final tensioning done by holding a soldering iron close to the line to make it shrink ...the nervous bit !!

The only awkward bit I found was fitting the exhaust stubs to the collector ring ...found it best to paint and fit the engine first to the nacelle and add the stubs from the front after ...

Regards Trevor ... :D

Both explanations are highly plausible!! Sorry to point that out though, it's always difficult to know whether to say something or not, especially as the model is first class in every other way!!

Edited by Busdriver

Both explanations are highly plausible!! Sorry to point that out though, it's always difficult to know whether to say something or not, especially as the model is first class in every other way!!

No problem ....if I was not prepared to take constructive criticism then I would not post it here .. B)

Regards Trevor... :D

Baptism by fire then Trevor?!

I did mean to ask what paint you used? The finish is really good.

paint was spray white primer ....Humbrol acrylics applied with a hairy stick ....coat of humbrol satin varnish spray can..decals...another coat satin varnish ...and some powdered chalks lightly brushed over..

Re Baptism .....learned to duck at an early age ... ;)

Regards Trevor.... :D