For my next trick!

Hi Degs, Yes I clocked that but looking at the kit, to "dig out" the spoilers would be a little beyond my scratching capabilities. :frantic:

To do it properly would need a major re structuring of the wing involving the removal of the molded spoilers and replacing them with the proper recesses for the spoilers to sit in. In addition, the Paragon set relies heavily on the top half of the wing structure to hang off.

DSC_05281.jpg

Whilst I' m sure it is possible to depict the spoilers deployed, I'm a big scaredy cat :door:

Hey Dave,

I wouldn't worry about it (guess this means my Tonka's flaps/wing setup is wrong too :suicide: ). This F3 is going to look great....clean and shiny finish I take it?

All the best

James

Hi

Just been amazed at the speed you have been doing this - I have the 1/32 Revell ECR and it's been sitting with the front section done for the last three years.......inspiration indeed! Nice job ;)

Hey Dave,

I wouldn't worry about it (guess this means my Tonka's flaps/wing setup is wrong too :suicide: ). This F3 is going to look great....clean and shiny finish I take it?

All the best

James

No James, its not wrong at all, Basically as degs pointed out, when the Tornado lands the wing spoilers are almost always deployed in lieu of the airbrakes, something I hadn't really thought about until now. The spoilers are located in the area iv'e circled.

She will be the black tailed bird but at the same time will be weathered "appropriately" (I hope)

Delbydoo, welcome to the forums and thanks for your positive comments. This has been sat in my stash on close to three or so years> Iv'e been putting it off because I thought it was going to be a huge job, but as it turns out it hasnt been too bad thus far.

Now shes going for pre shading!

Edited by Phartycr0c

Ok Huston we have a problem.

Shes just out of part one of the paint shop. a three day experience and I have just removed the masking.

The underside has come out ok thus far with no issues to speak of.

DSC_0535.jpg

I hope the two tone grey is apparent in the shots. Also the circular number plate screw cover is part of my cunning base mount device.

The barley / camo grey was then applied and left for 24 hrs to cure.

then came the black. this was left until touch dry. removal of the said masking revealed this

DSC_0530.jpg

DSC_0534.jpg

ok so far...

DSC_0533.jpg

DSC_0532.jpg

DSC_0531.jpg

Aw Bugga!!!!

Not an unmitigated disaster but a proverbial pain all the same.

Shes back off to the paintshop soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Paint all better now!

Now we start to get onto the nice bit! decals are slowly going on. HOWEVER, there are NO 1/32 low vis decals out there so (dont ask me how) I have had to produce my own.

The 11sqdn marks are from an Xtradecal sheet, the Eagles are from Meinderts F3 set very carefully sealed and cut to produce a close approxiamtion of the white background.

The XI serial numbers and year markings are done very nicely by Parkes 682 decals which came as a two part yellow on white set. Despite getting these into register the yellow still looked a little pale and in order to reduce the relevant thickness Ive hand painted Citadel Bubonic Brown onto the surface. As the markings are a "mish mash" of a creation they are in no way perfect, however Im happy with how it is going. EXCEPT, the black is an acrylic from a Halfords rattle can. great gloss and rapid drying, BUT it has reacted with the thin fillet of filler I used all along the base of the spine / tail rippling slightly. Bugger!At this point I lost a little potential to get this finished, but all over that now!

Anyhow a few shots of the intended display set up as a taster.

DSC_0539.jpg

DSC_0538.jpg

DSC_0537.jpg

DSC_0536.jpg

More next time