1/72 new Whitley kits

Redboost

now that does sound interesting. There's certainly a gap in the market for a new tool Whitley. Sure its an ugly plane, but it played its part during the early years of the war :) Do keep us updated Libor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

they do indeed look good. Is there a UK supplier? If not do you have a link to the necessary site?

edit....oops just noticed the other thread saying hannants

Edited by stratcat

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

After spending most of my youth looking for, but never finding a Frogspawn Whitley, I finally get myself one at a reasonable price and I feel contented that my stash now includes an important type from Bomber Command's inventory. I've looked into what I need to do to make it a little more accurate and planned to build it in the next wee while, and I'm looking forward to the modelling challenge it will no doubt be.

So imagine my dismay upon seeing those pictures of nice clean mouldings, crisp yet restrained ENGRAVED panel lines and transparencies that look like you can actually see through them. No doubt the interior will be a delight to behold too and this kit'll go together in a matter of days and look every inch the perfect Whitley.

Something tells me the Fates are not so much conspiring against me, they are just being downright bloody vindictive! :angry:

Mark.

I got myself a Frog (well Novo really) kit not long ago, as well as resin replacement engines and vacformed transparencies......

Anyway, if anybody fancy a BOAC Whitley, predecessor of the Mosquitos on the Stockholm run, I got a decal sheet ready from the printers today. Unfortunately I have a computer problem that must be solved before I can finish the instruction sheet.

Nils

www.vingtor.net