What If II GB

I must have left my WIF plans on a train for the MoD to find (for a change) as my idea was also based around using some more Chinooks, lets see if they have the same plan as I have in which case I may have to come up with another Wif idea.

happily kit searching

Graham

hmmmm.....seeing Cuprar's idea for a Pan Am Airbus A380 has me thinking.....

I might well have a go, perhaps with something similar to Cuprar but maybe also an RAF F14 Tomcat....or a USN Tornado....a RN Tornado??

• 1 month later...

I once made a militarized Concord which was fun and made people stare.

I wonder which military aircraft might be civilianized?

The B-1 SST perhaps? Fast enough.

The Buccaneer crop sprayer? Low enough.

The E2C Hawkeye feederliner? STOL enough.

A traffic police Harrier? Daft enough.

Hmmmm. I think I'll be in for this GB.

I once made a militarized Concord which was fun and made people stare.

I wonder which military aircraft might be civilianized?

The B-1 SST perhaps? Fast enough.

The Buccaneer crop sprayer? Low enough.

The E2C Hawkeye feederliner? STOL enough.

A traffic police Harrier? Daft enough.

Excellent ideas, how about a Dreamliner Transport?

Whatever you choose, welcome aboard.

Dan

Last time I did a Twin Vought Corsair (and even scored me some votes :D)... I'm sure I can whif up something this time.

Will have to be a kitbash though... merely dressing up something in the colours of someone else's airforce just doesn't do it for me.

How much Whiffiness does a build have to have?

I have an idea for a speculative scheme. I know the aircraft served with a certain squadron. I know the serial and codes. It is most likely that the aircraft retained its normal colour scheme, rather than the color scheme of the other aircraft in the squadron. However, there is a very small chance that it was repainted in line with the other aircraft, which will make a very interesting scheme.

Whiffy enough?

I once made a militarized Concord which was fun and made people stare...

The B-1 SST perhaps? Fast enough...

Always wanted to do a RAF Concorde but never go round to adding a kit to the stash yet. Like the idea of your B-1 SST as the opposite to that so go for it Don.

Last time I did a Twin Vought Corsair (and even scored me some votes :D)... I'm sure I can whif up something this time.

Will have to be a kitbash though... merely dressing up something in the colours of someone else's airforce just doesn't do it for me.

look forward to seeing what you imagineer as the Twin Corsair was a cracker.

Count me in!

Maybe something wierd Norwegian????

Sounds interesting. The Norwegian roundel isn't seen enough on this site as it is for my tastes anyway :D

How much Whiffiness does a build have to have?

I have an idea for a speculative scheme. I know the aircraft served with a certain squadron. I know the serial and codes. It is most likely that the aircraft retained its normal colour scheme, rather than the color scheme of the other aircraft in the squadron. However, there is a very small chance that it was repainted in line with the other aircraft, which will make a very interesting scheme.

Whiffy enough?

Well if it didn't exist it counts for the GB so that'll do for me.

Welcome to the GB gang. We've got a bit of time to get ourselves organised with ideas and material yet so lets keep hearing the ideas.

Apologies in advance but I'm a bit of a thickie :blink: when it comes to What if builds.....

Does a kit in different markings (e.g. an F-14 in Irish Air Corps colours) qualify? Or does it have to be a "new" idea? (like a fixed wing Tornado)

Any enlightenment would be cool B) as I've got some ideas somewhere.....

Thanks!

Dermot

Apologies in advance but I'm a bit of a thickie :blink: when it comes to What if builds.....

Does a kit in different markings (e.g. an F-14 in Irish Air Corps colours) qualify? Or does it have to be a "new" idea? (like a fixed wing Tornado)

Any enlightenment would be cool B) as I've got some ideas somewhere.....

Thanks!

Dermot

Both ideas would be grand Dermot. Perhaps we can run two seperate categories this time round; one for colour scheme changes and another for structural changes?

Both ideas would be grand Dermot. Perhaps we can run two seperate categories this time round; one for colour scheme changes and another for structural changes?

Like the idea of a `kitbash` and `Alternate markings` seperation, but would that then mean two prizes?? :D

ok i keep saying i want to join a group build, can i mke this my first please. and were or what are the rules. not sure what to do yet but i did have a few ideas a while ago. on a disscussion on this cheers rob

Like the idea of a `kitbash` and `Alternate markings` seperation, but would that then mean two prizes?? :D

Who said you were getting prizes!?! Thought those were for the mods as reward for their efforts? :P

ok ... my choice:

Tupolev Tu-154 as Lufthansa in their current color scheme.

They've got two Tu-154's in their take-over of the east-german Interflug and it was planed to use them for regular flights as far as I know. But that never happened and they sold them to other foreign airlines and/or the german Air Force.

Count me in!

Maybe something wierd Norwegian????

Perhaps a little like these ??

6b.jpg

Norge2.jpg

A couple of mine from the recent(ish) past. Needles to say I'll (hopefully) be joining this GB next year, should have settled into our new country by then !!.

Ian

Edited by Ian

Perhaps a little like these ??

A couple of mine from the recent(ish) past. Needles to say I'll (hopefully) be joining this GB next year, should have settled into our new country by then !!.

Ian

Ian

Your new country? Going where?

That was two really wierd aircraft...

If we get plenty of entries, which we should, then 2 categories seems sensible.

Dan

No doubt most of you have seen these in the whif thread, but thought an example/inspiration of a `kitbash` and `alternate markings` was in order.....

Kitbash....

009-36.jpg

Alternate markings........

031-10.jpg

032-1.jpg