What If II GB

A carrier a10 would be problematic a cat would launch it np but if there was a problem at take off or landing the lack is power would.mean almost certain ejection wouldn't it?

Being a `what if` I`m hoping the engines would be uprated to accomodate. :wicked: Also, I have it on reasonably good authority from a A-10 pilot when I visited Bentwaters many years ago that the A-10 was trailed at sea. :ninja: I won`t tell you the answer as to wether the A-10 could be used as a napalm delivery system.... :ninja::ninja:

Also is it an issue for a carrier if it runs over a bomb laden plane that has ditched on front of it? It'd make me nervous lol

I doubt it, otherwise you wouldn`t be able to launch anything.... :lol: Although from what I understand, and if you view a USN launch, you will notice that most aircraft either slide to port or starboard once they leave the deck to avoid any potential collision. I think thats a standard SOP for cat launches anyway. :unsure:

Edited by tc2324

glad my navalised A-10 is causing debate.... will have to wait for the the GB next year to work on it ;-)

Of course there would be no problem if it was VTOL - tilting rear engines and a lift jet up front. You should be able to knock one off over a weekend!!! :evil_laugh::whistle::wicked::hmmm:

MH

If you take the wing from an Airfix Seafire XVII and the Fuselage from an Airfix Spitfire XII, you get a Seafire XV. Unfortunately, the XII wing and the XVII fuselage don't join up to make anything meaningful.

Unless... it could be a whif Spitfire FR.XII, optimised for low-level fighter-recce of high value, heavily defended targets, using the high speed of the Spitfire XII to get in and out quickly. There is a low-level recce scheme that could just be a fable (the one with PRU Mauve undersurfaces). It would be ideal for the FR.XII. Something to consider for the GB.

right im in on this as for ideas, well theres so much to choose its hard to actually think of many,

heres one though that might well offend people, the german pilots wanted spits, how about an alternate universe battle of britain,

german spits english me109s. hmm, i await court marshall. eeek.

im also thinking of doing a hunter in a very radical paint finish thinking along the lines of miss demenor but im not sure i could bring myself to do that to a hunter.,

or seeing as the vulcan came after the lancaster 10 years later. how about a vulcan that came 10 years earlier finished in the green brown black camo with the bombay opened up with bouncing bombs inside, would have been perfect for the low level fast approach hmm.

or a swing wing vulcan i always thought the tail of the vulcan and tornado were similar, so i though of and drew a vulcan with the wings cut so the rear part of the wing looks like a tornados rear tail and give it swing wings like a tornado and fit sky bolts under the wings 3 a side and a blue steel in the middle for good measure, fit afterburner cans on The back and modiy the intakes that would look killer, vulcan bmk4 i might try that but man it could be complex and im not sure were the wheels would go.

right im in on this as for ideas, well theres so much to choose its hard to actually think of many,

heres one though that might well offend people, the german pilots wanted spits, how about an alternate universe battle of britain,

german spits english me109s. hmm, i await court marshall. eeek.

I often wonder what if Claus von Stauffenberg had succeeded in assasinating Hilter. Operation Valkyrie could have succeeded. The Nazi party could have collapsed and the military could have sued for peace in August 1944. The Soviets would have kept on coming, meaning the British and the Americans would have been forced to support the Germans. The Luftwaffe would have received P-51 and Spitfire reinforcements. A P-51 in late-war German camouflage would be very interesting as a Luft 46 subject. Of course, in my Luft 46 scenario there is no longer a Nazi party, so the aircraft have a German flag on the tail instead of a swastika.

I often wonder what if Claus von Stauffenberg had succeeded in assasinating Hilter. Operation Valkyrie could have succeeded. The Nazi party could have collapsed and the military could have sued for peace in August 1944. The Soviets would have kept on coming, meaning the British and the Americans would have been forced to support the Germans. The Luftwaffe would have received P-51 and Spitfire reinforcements. A P-51 in late-war German camouflage would be very interesting as a Luft 46 subject. Of course, in my Luft 46 scenario there is no longer a Nazi party, so the aircraft have a German flag on the tail instead of a swastika.

p51 in german colour sounds cool as does your story

rob

I don't see the point. Those pylons don't move very fast at all...

It's all relative! Whether the pylon or the plane is moving at 400mph it still hurts if you smack into it!

M von H

anyone else got any wild ideas we should all have a brain storm and see what we come up with, ive mentioned a few abouve and im thinking about the lancaster black brown green scheme vulcan with bouncing bombs in the bombay quite seriously, would look pretty ace.

how about a supersonic victor we should see if general melchet would be up to the challenge i know he likes victors.

OK I'll have a go at the supersonic Victor, as I have some info on the proposal. I don't really do total 'what-Ifs' rather' what might or should have beens', but shouldn't be too much of a problem...(famous last words! :banghead: !)

Melchie..

excelent news general, look forward to seeing that. will it be a white bird

Hi Guys i have been waiting for a reason to do my what if and this is the prefect opportunity

Hobby Boss' 1/48 Rafale M done in an Aussie anniversary scheme (for the Korean war) off a what if HMAS Melbourne Aircraft Carrier

I was thinking the Rafale would look sweet in Slate grey over Sky

Welcome to the GB Gary. The Rafale is a machine ripe for Wiffing and your idea sounds great.

Having seen your builds for the first What If GB I know the IAC Hawk will be a cracker Muller.

Welcome to the GB Gary. The Rafale is a machine ripe for Wiffing and your idea sounds great.

Having seen your builds for the first What If GB I know the IAC Hawk will be a cracker Muller.

this group build is gonna be great, i cant wait to get started, there is so much to do, what ifs that are pure imagination and those planes that never got off the drawing board.

• 1 month later...

Glad to have you joining us Graham and look forward to seeing what you plan :D

At the moment I'm still set on one of the Hawker Super-Hunter paper projects but that may change again...

glad my navalised A-10 is causing debate.... will have to wait for the the GB next year to work on it ;-)

hmmmmmmmm not sure about that (swivel rear jets could be ok I guess.... will be doing more digging as this one (for sheer adding bits & pieces) and the Soviet ME262 (for just chucking aint at a kit - and perhaps a modified tail....) are the ones I am toying with (and just now, as I cant get rid of the thing for love nor money, a naval MiG17 PF).....

then again.. wonder if The A-10 could be modded to mimc...

think the problem is the location of the engines vs a "standard" aircraft

Edited by robw_uk