What If II GB

When: 6th October 2012 till 30 Dec 2012

Hosts: Daniel & Col.

why so long away and why so short?

im up for this as nearly everything i build has been what if lol

i want to try a scratchbuild but i will start it wayyyyyyyy before this gb and it will take farrrrrr longer iv never scratchbuilt before

why so long away and why so short?

im up for this as nearly everything i build has been what if lol

i want to try a scratchbuild but i will start it wayyyyyyyy before this gb and it will take farrrrrr longer iv never scratchbuilt before

The schedule is full, and that's the best dates we could get.

Dan

can you not overlap?

Why not have a look at the calender?

You will see that there are several Group Builds running at any one time. At this moment in time there are three Group Builds running and two Single Type Group Builds running. Next month (April) There will be at one point four Group Builds Running and four Single Type Group Builds running simultaneously. Add to this the number of Group builds that the membership want means that as of this morning I'm looking at dates in early 2013 for new Group Builds

Just to recognize the amount of GB's that Mish has to deal with and the amount of effort that involves I hereby want to applaud everything that Mish does for us.

:violin::goodjob::partytime::angel::kissing2::worthy:

You may now return to your regular programming :)

• 3 weeks later...
Dunno what I'll do.

But was thinking of doing an Eastern Front BV-141 :)

I'd like to see that, Daz. One of my favourite Oddities, the Bv141..

:coat:

I'd like to see that, Daz. One of my favourite Oddities, the Bv141..

:coat:

Oh yes, I love that one too. I wish somebody would bring one out in a large scale - Airfix's version is okay as far as it goes but they've obviously taken some liberties with the cockpit layout, given that the gunner is Douglas Bader...

Count me in, lads!

Hmmm, am I right in thinking there are two schools of thought on this theme? i.e. the really-could-have-beens vs. the ever-so-slightly-deranged options?

I guess my early thoughts on possibilities are:

Operational Grumman Super Tiger (with the sidewinders on a spine rail, naturally)

Armed Bristol 188

Operational A-26A night-fighter

• 1 month later...
I have a plan that may involve surgery on a EE Lightning... The purists will want to lynch me, no doubt :analintruder:

iv got an idea for a single engined lightning (got a 1/72 kit that i could butcher) and a bunch of tsr2s im DEFFINATELY in but PLEASE can it be longer i struggle to get finished in the time limits

Is it still possible to cound me in for this GB? I am a builder from the Netherlands who loves to do some What if stuff from time to time.

Cheers Arnold

Keep the crazy ideas flowing gang - not too far away now ;)

Arnold, please feel free to join in the fun, perhaps you can share some of your previous What-if work as inspiration?

have been toying with a Russian ME262 (ie they took the tech and used it when they invaded China (US didnt drop the bomb, WWII ran on into 1946 with US invasion of home islands and russian invasion of China).... OR a carrier-borne A-10 (not sure if an A-10 could accelearate fast enough to get off a carrier tho........ and finally a what-if Cuban MiG17 (if that is a what-if, need to see if Cuba did have them).......

a carrier-borne A-10 (not sure if an A-10 could accelearate fast enough to get off a carrier tho........ and finally a what-if Cuban MiG17 (if that is a what-if, need to see if Cuba did have them).......

A-10 naval strike aircraft shouldn`t be a problem with the use of a catapult launch system and the Cubans had all the early MiGs, 15, 17 and 19.

Keep the crazy ideas flowing gang - not too far away now ;)

Arnold, please feel free to join in the fun, perhaps you can share some of your previous What-if work as inspiration?

Here are some links for what I have build in the last couple years.

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/to...t,flyboy69.html

What I have in the build right now is a combination of a Heinkel He 177 (1/72) with new wings from a Horten Ho 229 (1/48).

cheers Arnold

A-10 naval strike aircraft shouldn`t be a problem with the use of a catapult launch system and the Cubans had all the early MiGs, 15, 17 and 19.

ok - so will scratch the MiG for now and look at the ME262 or naval A-10!!!!

A carrier a10 would be problematic a cat would launch it np but if there was a problem at take off or landing the lack is power would.mean almost certain ejection wouldn't it? Also is it an issue for a carrier if it runs over a bomb laden plane that has ditched on front of it? It'd make me nervous lol