What If II GB

Ooh, okay, go on then. biggrin.png What you planning?

Sorry, got sidetracked!

Still prevaricating about the bush: I had a couple of ideas, but they are really only bog-standard aircraft in Whif markings (French Navy Vigilante; Hellenic Typhoon, etc.). Ideally, I'll find something a bit more...whiffy! Get back to you on that...?

In case anyone hasn't seen it, here is a link to the "Bisquito" emergency heavy bomber, which ended up being built for a "what-if" GB elsewhere.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=234913952.

Hopefully the long-range Pacific theatre heavy fighter variant may get built in this GB . . .

• 3 weeks later...

Not too long to go now gang! There's been plenty great ideas on this thread so far but always room for more. Been reading through various Secret Projects volumes so there's at least three other ideas rattling around in my head...

Stuffed. What I wanted to do is the Turkish/Indonesian F-16/F-22 hybrid here:

http://indonesiadefense.blogspot.co.uk/2010/07/turki-indonesia-kembangkan-teknologi.html

:hanging:

But as I'm unable to 'expand my inventory' right now, it will have to be a 1/48 HAF Typhoon. How creative and original!!! :rofl: Well, I might go right out to the edge and give it a tartan seat cover or something...

30th December, right?

http://indonesiadefe...-teknologi.html

But as I'm unable to 'expand my inventory' right now, it will have to be a 1/48 HAF Typhoon. How creative and original!!! :rofl: Well, I might go right out to the edge and give it a tartan seat cover or something...

30th December, right?

That hybrid F... um 38? looks quite something but sure a HAF Typhoon wil do just grand as well. Tartan seat cover or not :D

I am involved in a Gb on another forum at the moment and I have several other projects on the go, but I might be tempted to build my 1/48 version of my Hawker Siddeley Typhoon F1

Are you talking about the predecessor to the original EFA concept before it became a multi-national effort?

I have just got a HB 1/48 A-7K. I intend on doing it in RAF markings, not sure if it will be grey/green or Desert pink, may even end up as EPTS raspberry ripple.

Hmm, a grey/green RAF SLUF sounds cool. Light Aircraft Grey undersides and three colour roundels/flash or full wraparound with red/blue?

Been reading about the RAE propulsive duct and its potential application to Spitfire IX. Still tempted by various Harrier and Hunter shaped ideas but have all the parts to make a hybrid powered Spitfire interceptor as a relatively easy project if time is not kind to the more involved ideas. Still got some time to research/plan/decide/come up with something completely different...

O, the story will be a piece of cake. My imagination is going wild. :mental::pilot:

For a Shar 3 that won't be a problem.With the current situation between Argentina and the UK.

P.S. still bussy with the Telford project to finish it on time. But it will be luftwaffe 46,47,48!!!

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

http://indonesiadefe...-teknologi.html

30th December, right?

Lol!!

How about a post - independence Royal Scottish Air Force Typhoon!! Then you really COULD have a tartan seat cover!

:winkgrin:

Lol!!

How about a post - independence Royal Scottish Air Force Typhoon!! Then you really COULD have a tartan seat cover!

Now, this I liiiike!!!

Sorry, yes, from Oct. 6th to Dec. 30th so expect to see the official GB and threads open in the near future.

Hmm, Post-devolution Scottish Air Force, sure there are some possibilities there with not only Tornado GR.4 and Typhoon but also Sea King SAR and fisheries protection machines.

• Like 1

Now, this I liiiike!!!

Lol!! How about a nice overall blue commemorative scheme with Saltires painted on the wings, a Lion rampant on the tail & the legend "Alba gu Brath" painted on the fuselage!!

This how I intend to complete my Revell 1/32 F-104 - my own personal fantasy runabout!! (Don't I wish!!)

Anyway, I've settled on my what if. The twin fuselage Handley Page Victor B4 .

Edited by Albeback52

My choice is now settled. What If... Rolls-Royce abandoned development of the Griffon engine?

Later Spitfires would have been powered by the Napier Sabre.

That's an interesting concept. Would your Napier Spitfire retain the "chin" radiator or, be along the lines of the Hawker Tempest 1 which had wing mounted radiators & a Napier IV engine?.

That's an interesting concept. Would your Napier Spitfire retain the "chin" radiator or, be along the lines of the Hawker Tempest 1 which had wing mounted radiators & a Napier IV engine?.

It has the chin radiator. However, that causes a problem. The Sabre is a much deeper engine than the Merlin and Griffon. Putting the Sabre thrust line at the same level as the Merlin thrust line would leave the radiator only an inch or so clear of the ground and the propellor tips striking the ground. So the Sabre is set higher on the fuselage. This means that the cockpit sits higher leading to a bubble canopy on a full depth fuselage. The Sabre is also much heavier than the Merlin, leading to CG problems. So the cockpit may be set further forward, with the fuel tank in the rear fuselage. The extreme power of the Sabre also means that the tail surfaces have to be bigger to counteract the torque swing. On the other hand, the lack of radiators in the wing mean that there is more room for fuel tanks and increased armament.

• Like 1