What If II GB

just curious if there is a "what if" gb....in other words ,aircraft in national and squadron markings of a country that never flew the particular aircraft in question.for example an irish air corps bae hawk [which they very nearly did buy]....i would say there would be some intresting models in a group build like that

Hi, can I join this GB with TA-183 Huckebein ?

Ragnar

Yes of course Ragnar, that would be an ideal subject, as a matter of interest which kit are you planning to use?

Well I've gome up with two ideas, both needing 'back stories'. One will be a remarking, but no decals exist so will require a bit of scavenging in the spares box. The second will be a real kitbash/mangle.

My work on the stories today as I wait for paint to dry on the B-17

Well I've gome up with two ideas, both needing 'back stories'. One will be a remarking, but no decals exist so will require a bit of scavenging in the spares box. The second will be a real kitbash/mangle.

My work on the stories today as I wait for paint to dry on the B-17

Sounds very intruging on both counts Mish.

Any aircraft, Any country, Any paint scheme, Any era, Am I right ?

If so sign me up

Any subject but aircraft if you wish Tornado. Otherwise yes so long as it didn't really exist. You thinking about some type of British Battle Fighter by any chance?

Any subject but aircraft if you wish Tornado. Otherwise yes so long as it didn't really exist. You thinking about some type of British Battle Fighter by any chance?

Oooooooh yes..... But not that pile of s**t lol

• Like 1

not long to go.... soon be upon us... am looking at a twin-engined Gnat, may even make her swing wing. I guess just test markings so silver + reg. numbers only?

Count me in!! :thumbsup:

I've been looking at several fake aircraft sites for inspiration. I was particularly taken with a twin-fuselage H P Victor - a Victor B4?

Other ideas ;

Four engined DC-10 with a V-tail & 2 rear mounted engines

B-49 bomber - with a revised 2 pilot cockpit & 6 over wing mounted TF-33 turbofans

Hyperion - Strategic Reconnaisance aircraft derived from Concorde design. Powered by 8 R R Olympus 593 engines in over & under wing arrangement. I'll be using an unbuilt Airfix 1/72 Concorde & bits I've salvaged from a wrecked one for this!! In case you are wondering, Hyperion was one of the Titans in Greek mythology. His name, in English, means "The High One"

Edited by Albeback52

Count me in!! :thumbsup:

Hahaha wonder what concoction your brewing up........

Hmmm im Thinking of planning a "multi" purpose AWACS........

Or A nuclear bomber protector ie (tornado) in a digital camo anti-flash scheme

Edited by Tornado

Hahaha wonder what concoction your brewing up........

Hmmm im Thinking of planning a "multi" purpose AWACS........

Or A nuclear bomber protector ie (tornado) in a digital camo anti-flash scheme

I've got PLENTY of ideas!! Don't worry! I'm looking forward to all this! :thumbsup: . Never been involved in a group build