Interwar GB

I've finally decided to go for Bulldog K-1676, Bader's 23 Squadron machine. Not a very original choice but it gives me a chance to start on the Wings of Silver sheet at last. I'll be using the vintage (but still good) Pyro kit and the pilot (suitably butchered and with white overalls) from the Airfix Spitfire XII, so that I don't have to detail the cockpit. Roll on September!

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm...

Forgot I'd signed up for this - but really cannot resist...

Either:

1:32 Swordfish

1:32 Bristol Fighter

1:32 Hawker Fury

1:32 DH 88 Comet Racer

1:32 Boeing F-4B

1:32 P-26A

1:32 Avia B.35

We'll see - need to clear decks of a few other bits first...

iain

Edited by Iain (32SIG)

A delicious sellection there Iain. Certainly a golden age for aviation with such lovely aircraft and colourful schemes around. You able to pick a favourite from that lot?

• Like 1

Noop!

There are other options too - I think I may just spontaneously combust coming up with one...

Me neither and what's worst is the next few weeks are tempting me to add other options to the stash!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there fbb, yes you can most certainly join in the fun.

Schneider Trophy,GeeBee, Spirit of St Louis, you're talking our language!

Vulcanicity, the Gladiator is fine. Scribing comes under prep rather than building (in my book anyway) so it's all good. Going for a Silver scheme or camo?

Iain, that list of 1/32 stuff looks great!

Not long now, should get the keys to the club house from Mish soon, do a bit of sweeping up, make sure there's plenty of tea and biscuits in the cupboard. Must get the runway grass cut too...

Torn between saving my floatplanes for the Floatplane/Seaplane GB next spring, or to do one for this. I do love a floatplane from this period, really Art Deco.

Look at this beautiful Supermarine S5...stunning!

supermarine-s-5_1.jpg

Laters, Doug (aka Buzz).

Not long now, should get the keys to the club house from Mish soon, do a bit of sweeping up, make sure there's plenty of tea and biscuits in the cupboard. Must get the runway grass cut too...

Laters, Doug (aka Buzz).

Champing at the bit for this to start, Sir. It is my usual period anyway, and looking forward to meeting some fellow spirits,.

I will be doing two builds, at least.

In addition to the Abu Sueier Vimy Trainer (from a Maquette Vernon reboxing of the oold Frog/Novo kit)....

vimyabusueir.jpg

I will be doing this Fokker DVII (using a Roden DVIIF/late)....

marineDVII1.jpg

A normal DVII, except that it was operated by the U.S. Marines at Quantico between 1920 and 1923....

Itching to get going on this one..... lots of USA subjects to choose from in 1/48............ but it may be a bit of a dis-jointed build as I know I will be in hospital again for at least a month in the middle of the GB..... and can you believe it the NHS does not seem to want to move my treatment around to suit the GB ... how inconsiderate !!

on the other hand I may be able to build more models if I can take part of the stash in with me ;)

Regards Trevor.... :D