Sea Vixen stores

Tony Whittingham

Hello All,

Anyone have any pictures or drawings of this pod? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Tony,

Only got a couple of them, and they look quite like the Victor pod, you are welcome to them, email me at [email protected] can then send attachments.

Colin

Hello Tony,

There are a few useful photos on this site.

www.ashdown.org.uk/sea%20vixen/Sea%20Vixen%20FAW2%20XS590%20walk%20around/Sea%20Vixen%20FAW%202%20%2042.jpg.html

Hello Tony,

There are a few useful photos on this site.

www.ashdown.org.uk/sea%20vixen/Sea%20Vixen%20FAW2%20XS590%20walk%20around/Sea%20Vixen%20FAW%202%20%2042.jpg.html

Thanks, John

I have that issue as well. Unfortunately, IMHO, the diagrams therein create more questions than answers, which is why I posted here. I don't know I'd take the diagrams as gospel, without further confirmation.

HTH

I guess you're working in 1/48 but in case it helps, the chaps at Aviation Workshop have a 1/72 Mk 20 pod. You might want to give them a call just in case they're thinking that there might be a market for scaling this pod up.

David Parkins does a Buccaneer buddy pack in 1/48th scale in the Flightpath range if this is of any help. I would assume (always dangerous) that these were standard items on board a carrier and as Sea Vixens and Buccaneers were operated at the same time they may have used the same piece of equipment.

Peter

David Parkins does a Buccaneer buddy pack in 1/48th scale in the Flightpath range if this is of any help. I would assume (always dangerous) that these were standard items on board a carrier and as Sea Vixens and Buccaneers were operated at the same time they may have used the same piece of equipment.

Peter

They did Peter. The Vixen always carried the pod on the Stbd outer pylon, at least on the Hermes Air Wing (892NAS), in the mid - late sixties. Victorious and Eagle's Vixens seemed reluctant to carry anything on any of the pylons at that time and it was only towards the end of 67/68 that they started carrying tanks on the outboard pylons.

When I've done the weekly shop, I'll dig some pix out from that time and stick up.

I don't have the Airfix 48th kit but I understand that the kit does not have an alternate to the later Observer's hatch. Most odd - not many Vixen 2's had that.

Dennis W Robinson