Which is the best one

ScainaR620

I am obviously biased, but I would also would suggest a Harder & Steenbeck offering. The Infinity 2in1 is a superb brush, while the Evolution Silverline range is also worth considering as it offers almost the same functionality as the Infinity, but less adjustable trigger pressure. The full H&S range can be viewed HERE.

The Evolution, Evolution Silverline, Grafo & Infinity airbrushes share the same basic core components & have plenty of options available such as needles from 0.15 to 0.6mm & paint cups from 2 to 100ml as well as things like cup lids & feed conversion kits. Build quality, reliability & finish are all second to none (in my humble opinion)

Martin.

Edited by Jetblast

If it's just for detail work the H&S Infinity Solo will do the job nicely, but as has been said, we need a little more background before offering specific advice.

What setup do you have now?

What are you painting in general and what sort of fine and detail work are you looking to do ?

It all depends on budget and taste. What do you have now?

I have now a Badger 250-3 spray gun need something to do fine details work budget around 100 quid

If you are offering to buy me one I would have the Harder & Steenbeck Infinity Two in One.

Sadly not my friend but thanks will look it to that oone many thanks

I have several airbrushes - Badger, Aztec (not used in years), Royal Sovereign, but my favourite by a large margin is my Iwata HP-CH.

Not sure how much they are now - but mine was around £100 IIRC.

I'd add though that a decent compressor with air reservoir is as important as the airbrush IMHO - a nice, stable, clean and controllable air supply is so important.

Iain

Edited by Iain (32SIG)

If it's just for detail work the H&S Infinity Solo will do the job nicely, but as has been said, we need a little more background before offering specific advice.

What setup do you have now?

What are you painting in general and what sort of fine and detail work are you looking to do ?

I have Badger 250-3 spray gun set

but need some thing for fine detail work on my Revell Atego 1529 AF fire Truck to paint the detail of the equipment

I have several airbrushes - Badger, Aztec (not used in years), Royal Sovereign, but my favourite by a large margin is my Iwata HP-CH.

Not sure how much they are now - but mine was around £100 IIRC.

I'd add though that a decent compressor with air reservoir is as important as the airbrush IMHO - a nice, stable, clean and controllable air supply is so important.

Iain

yeah i agree with you Iain as i do have a great compressor with a decent air tank supplying with plenty of air and smooth and stable controllable supply is the key

yeah i agree with you Iain as i do have a great compressor with a decent air tank supplying with plenty of air and smooth and stable controllable supply is the key

NP - thought I'd mention - just in case! :)

Iain

Even if I personally don't like them, the most popular choice in the £100 region is probably the H&S Evolution Solo. I would probably buy the Silverline Solo version.

From other brands, there's either the Iwata Revolution or the Eclipse. Both are good airbrushes, and in my opinion, the feel of the Iwatas is superior to most other airbrushes.

Shop around, and check sources like ebay. There's good deals to be found. As this one:

Iwata HP-CH

Even if I personally don't like them, the most popular choice in the £100 region is probably the H&S Evolution Solo. I would probably buy the Silverline Solo version.

From other brands, there's either the Iwata Revolution or the Eclipse. Both are good airbrushes, and in my opinion, the feel of the Iwatas is superior to most other airbrushes.

Shop around, and check sources like ebay. There's good deals to be found. As this one:

Iwata HP-CH

yeah many thanks i do like the look of the Harder & Steenbeck offering. The Infinity 2in1 and if you pay for good stuff and look after it should last you a life time sort to speak

many thanks

So do i understand this right if it has a standard 0.2mm & 0.4mm needle / nozzle does that mean it would paint a 0.2-0.4mm line of paint

sorry if sounded thick but question needs to be ask

No need for the apology!

The quoted nozzle size refer to the nozzle itself as opposed to the spray pattern, which flows from the nozzle in a cone shape - widening the further away it gets from the nozzle tip. As an approximation, an 0.2mm set-up will put down a circle of paint 1/2 the diameter of an 0.4mm set-up if distance from subject, paint & pressure are all even. It can be used as a rough guide as to how fine the brush will spray, but can only be used as that - for example, airbrush brand X's 0.2mm will not necessarily have the same type of output as airbrush brand Y's 0.2mm.

Different brands & even different brushes within the same brands can spray different patterns due to the specific design of the needle & nozzle they have - some have lightly tapered needle nozzle combination while others have heavily tapered combinations, which makes them perform differently.

Edited by Jetblast